Passed Server+

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
As a fun little extra, since the ProctorU deal is on, I took the Server+ hot off finishing my A+/Net+/Sec+ trinity.

I used the PrepLogic Mega guide and read it over the past couple days, and sat and passed the exam today, got an 827/900, so I'm pleased with myself, a lifetime cert for just over $100, not a bad deal if you ask me.

I'll be working towards the Project+ next hope to squeeze it in before this proctorU deal disappears.

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job! and good luck on your Project+ studies :)
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats dude! told ya that study guide was the bomb!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congrats! I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the CE same bait and switch on this cert too.

When does the ProctorU deal end?
    Verities wrote: »
    When does the ProctorU deal end?

2/16 but I wouldn't wait. It's too cheap and convenient.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What study materials would you recommend for Server+?
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    What study materials would you recommend for Server+?

PrepLogic Mega Guide
  • EthanW87EthanW87 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've tried searching for this Mega Guide...anyone have a link?
  • D113D113 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Now I feel like a sucker for paying them $1 for it...
    fuz1on wrote: »
    You'd be surprised what you find with a simple Google search - *hint* *hint*
    Oh, I guess saying "I tried searching for it" didn't imply I searched for it..
    Nonetheless, I'm going to assume what you're saying is that they are no longer called PrepLogic and are now called LearnSmart and you didn't know how to convey that.
    EthanW87 wrote: »
    Oh, I guess saying "I tried searching for it" didn't imply I searched for it..
    Nonetheless, I'm going to assume what you're saying is that they are no longer called PrepLogic and are now called LearnSmart and you didn't know how to convey that.

I didn't mean anything like that...I actually did search for "PrepLogic Mega Guide" on Google. That's how I found it originally. Ask H3||Scr3am; he msged me a while back about it. Did not mean to convey any condescending nor patronizing sentiment...
    fuz1on wrote: »
    I didn't mean anything like that...I actually did search for "PrepLogic Mega Guide" on Google. That's how I found it originally. Ask H3||Scr3am; he msged me a while back about it. Did not mean to convey any condescending nor patronizing sentiment...
    No man, you're good, I'm not upset. I did a lot of googling, but the only site I find is "LearnSmart" and all of their test prep is older certifications that have already been replaced.
  • vinnymccvinnymcc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    www.hookedonhorsepower.com/.../SK0003_Server_Plus_mega%20guide..
  • A.HazemA.Hazem Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

the guide was enough because you got many comptia certs before (previous knowledge) .. or its enough by it's own ?
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say that having the other Basic CompTIA certifications certainly helped me, they each covered certain other bits of the server+ guide.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's great ...and congrad
    is proctoru reliable and guaranteed ? have you received your certificate yet ?
    my certificate is still in the mail, in all honesty, I've only received the physical copies of my A+ and Network+ at this point... they seem to take forever to get here. But on certmetrics I have my pdf copy of each of my certs, and after doing it on proctoru, it got to cert metrics in 2 business days, so yes they're reliable.
    A.Hazem wrote: »
    is proctoru reliable and guaranteed ? have you received your certificate yet ?

Yup! I got Cloud+, Server+ and Project+ on ProctorU! They give you your score sheet right away on your Pearson Vue site.

I got my certificate/card for Sec+, Cloud+ and Server+ - it takes a really long time to get out like a month.
    Thank you so much guys .. i'm taking my server+ exam next week. i'll update you then. icon_wink.gif
    Thank you so much guys .. i'm taking my server+ exam next week. i'll update you then. icon_wink.gif

Good luck..please let us know how was the exam go... Thanks
    good luck :D
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    I've never heard of ProctorU. I see you can take online proctored CompTIA exams there.... Are there any other certification vendors available?
  • TerikanTerikan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know that the proctorU deal was only supposed to go to the 16th, anyone know if they extended it at all?
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I looked it up on proctoru's website and it still let me check out at the $100 price yesterday. I called their support and the didn't know when it would end.
    i've just passed my CompTIA Server+ exam on proctoru. The 99$ deal will end on 28th of feb.

i've only studied preplogic mega guide and solved the latest **** on exam collection. both can give you the knowledge to pass the exam.

Finally i did it :D
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just tried to take it myself, had a few problems and never actually got to take it (Apparently Pearson is doing maintenance they didn't tell anyone about). Rescheduled it tomorrow for less money than I paid before.
    i've just passed my CompTIA Server+ exam on proctoru. The 99$ deal will end on 28th of feb.

i've only studied preplogic mega guide and solved the latest **** on exam collection. both can give you the knowledge to pass the exam.

Finally i did it :D

Congrad on your exam..were there any scsi question? do you re-call what type they were..thanks