security + prereq?

sjlinksjlink Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Prepping for my A+ currently, I'm interested in following up with security + once i pass the 801 and 802. One of my supervisors mentioned that A+ and NET+ were required before you could take security. Looking at COMPTIA's website they sey their is prerequirements to take any of their tests. Just looking for some verification. Thanks.

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are no prerequisites, only recommended experience. Security certification, CompTIA Security+ certification
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ that. Your supervisor needs to hang out at CompTIA's website more often.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As already stated, no prereq. Your supervisor may have just assumed that because most people get their CompTIA certs in the following order: A+, Network+ then Security+ Thats the order that I got mine in.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^ that. Your supervisor needs to hang out at CompTIA's website more often.

ILMAO good stuff
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd