ROUTE simplified still valid for new CCNP Route exam?

ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
I have this book along with Chris Bryant's video series, and a whole physical lab I love to jam on, will these materials still be valid to pull through the new ROUTE exam or do most people go with multiple books on it?

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Could always check against the new blueprint to see if the material is still relevant?
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I feel like they should be sufficient after reviewing changes on the ROUTE exam, but looking for opinions from anyone who used these resources for the exam.

And shouldn't you be labbing? :)
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Fair point - I can't directly help on that one. I think I'll peruse the blueprint myself now - would be interesting to see what is on there compared to the exams I took (my CCNP predates the outgoing one! (BCMSN, BSCI, ISCW and ONT))

(and yes, I should be labbing but it's the end of the day for me now :)) (I'm UTC+0000)
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Yeah Im burning through the CCNA Sec stuff as I do alot of this daily at my job, so I expect to pass that test pretty easily, and with the Voice track getting it's refresh I'm going to swing back to R/S for my next step up.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Like Gore said I would check the blueprint. However, I have the Route Simplified on Kindle and I found it went 'above and beyond' the old Route syllabus so it will probably cover so.e of the new content.

Tbh Route consists of BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, these protocols have not changed from old to new syllabus. So you will be fine for most of the exam.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]