CCNP Voice refresh ...confirmed?

negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
Current Exam List - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Seems like they're refreshing this one as well fellas .. icon_neutral.gif ..gotta get cracking on those studies I guess.
2017-2018 goals:
[X] CIPTV2 300-075
[ ] SIP School SSCA
[X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
[ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I notice a number of certifications don't show new exams, but show "Last Day to Test". This is the situation for CCNA: Voice, CCNP: Voice, CCIE: SP, and all 3 Service Provider Operations Certifications. I can't imagine they're dropping the Voice track. Perhaps renaming it to Collaboration [like the CCIE]?
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I notice a number of certifications don't show new exams, but show "Last Day to Test". This is the situation for CCNA: Voice, CCNP: Voice, CCIE: SP, and all 3 Service Provider Operations Certifications. I can't imagine they're dropping the Voice track. Perhaps renaming it to Collaboration [like the CCIE]?

Yeap...sorry, that's what I wanted to say.. was curious/a bit worried about what's going to be refreshed though..deltas in between the current and upcoming if any.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I am so glad this got it's refresh right now, cause after CCNA Sec I was going to jump into CCNP Voice, but I knew a refresh was coming fast. I wouldn't mind going back to R/S and doing that CCNP track while the Voice track gets its makeover, I really hope they somehow condense the tests down to at least 4 instead of 5.

This really sucks for current studiers of this track :\
    ande0255 wrote: »
    I am so glad this got it's refresh right now, cause after CCNA Sec I was going to jump into CCNP Voice, but I knew a refresh was coming fast. I wouldn't mind going back to R/S and doing that CCNP track while the Voice track gets its makeover, I really hope they somehow condense the tests down to at least 4 instead of 5.

This really sucks for current studiers of this track :\

..you got that right.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I hope you can mix and match exams as well. I hope I can do 2 or 3 of the exams before the cut off in August and then with any luck I would just have to do 1 or 2 of the new exams to complete the track.
    Alex90 wrote: »
    I hope you can mix and match exams as well. I hope I can do 2 or 3 of the exams before the cut off in August and then with any luck I would just have to do 1 or 2 of the new exams to complete the track.

That's what I'm considering as well. We'll see how it goes but it's out there now.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    I'm sort of reluctant to change track until I've got the NP Voice in the bag. There are other tracks I want to complete, data center especially but I really want (and need!) to get CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice as they are 100% relevant to my job role and interests.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up! I was checking the forum everyday in case someone stumbled on this information. I knew it was coming within a matter of time. Time to double up my study time!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Just do as much as you can. Even if you miss an exam you won't have much extra to study with the new stuff. The way CUCM and the gateways work is still pretty much the same. The newer best practices and features are what change. I would imagine that H323 Gatekeeper will be completely gone from the new track, and SIP will be the big emphasis as most endpoints, gateways, and trunking will be using SIP.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Glad it's finally official, I was thinking since CCIE-V changed to Collab, that CCNP would be next to follow. I hope new CCNA-V will cover more of current tech and less of h323/CME myself. Maybe add latest on the Jabber and it's voice/video options, then on course you got TelePresence stuff as well.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    JeanM wrote: »
    Glad it's finally official, I was thinking since CCIE-V changed to Collab, that CCNP would be next to follow. I hope new CCNA-V will cover more of current tech and less of h323/CME myself. Maybe add latest on the Jabber and it's voice/video options, then on course you got TelePresence stuff as well.

H323 itself is not going anywhere, there is till gonna be a lot of M323 and MGCP around as there are things with faxing/modems that SIP just can't do well yet. H323 gatekeepers are gone. I'm a big fan of them, but with SIP and SME(Session Management Edition) there is just no need. SME can do everything gatekeeper can do and much more.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Good point! I should have written that differently, I meant to say I hope it covers more of SIP/h245 content and current tech :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    Current Exam List - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Seems like they're refreshing this one as well fellas .. icon_neutral.gif ..gotta get cracking on those studies I guess.

I don't know if you guys have seen but when you go back on this link they have removed the "last day to test" dates?? What is going on with Cisco, surely they should just make the announcement saying new exams are being released...??
    Alex90 wrote: »
    I don't know if you guys have seen but when you go back on this link they have removed the "last day to test" dates?? What is going on with Cisco, surely they should just make the announcement saying new exams are being released...??

FFS, this is ridiculous icon_rolleyes.gif .. have started CIPT1 studies today..hope to somehow tackle CIPT1 and CIPT2 until august..
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Well wtf... that is ridiculous.