Passed CCNA Sec

ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the CCNA Security today with a 949. I've been studying on and off since the summer, but really ramped up for the last month. I used the official cert guide with practice test, and CBT nuggets.

I'm not sure what I'll do next. I was thinking data center, but now I'm not sure.

Comments

• mweaver84mweaver84 Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gratz! How difficult was the Security exam vs the R&S exam for you? And was there overlap of topics on them?

hope to join you soon!
  • ghoulghoul Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! In my opinion, the journey to the CCENT/CCNA R&S was much more challenging. You have to learn a ton of stuff to get to that point, but once you're there, it seems as though the other ccna level certs build off that foundation. Some overlap with basic concepts like acls and port security, but most of it was fresh.

When I first decided to get my ccna:s I didn't anticipate that it would be so focused on using a GUI(CCP). I spent a lot of time becoming a CLI guy, so that was a weird concept to me.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Well done!
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Way to go! :)
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO