Nailed the OS with an 806, A+ Certified now!

kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
Passed my OS test this afternoon, just waiting for my A+ certificate to come in the mail! Even though others have warned that there are a lot of hardware questions on the test, I was really surprised by how many I saw. Starting at question #50, the next 25 questions were all either hardware or customer service questions, having absolutely nothing to do with OS. Questions 75-100 were practically all network questions. In retrospect, having 50% of my questions being on hardware, customer service, and networks probably helped my score, but it was not what I expected.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats...

dang, nice score!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Thank you, I was pleasantly surprised by my score. The hardware and customer service questions were pretty easy though, that really helped.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job! I hope to be A+ certified by mid September.
  • dv65dv65 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That may hurt me. I'm taking the OS exam next week, but I haven't studied the hardware part yet. I know I got the cart before the horse, but that was the course offered when I started the class, so I figured I'd go ahead and take it. I didn't think they would have that many hardware questions on the OS test.

That may sink me. I don't have time to learn all the hardware in one weekend. Not to mention I'm still studing for the OS because a summer course is a fast cram session.

Were the hardware questions in very much detail, like what type socket is for which type processor, etc., or just more general?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    dv65- No, the hardware questions were pretty basic, not detailed at all. Most of them were just common sense things that you would know just from working with computers, so I wouldn't stress about it too much.