Options

Lab prep for JNCIE-SEC

tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
Any recommendations on lab workbooks? Does anybody use InetZero?

Comments

• Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently preparing for my JNCIE-SEC too (scheduled for 02/25/2015). I think inetzero materials are good though as I currently use the workbook as part of my prep. Nothing beats hands-on though especially in UTM, NAT, and IDP. Though it's pricey - $700 - but I think it's worth it if you get the detailed walkthrough add-on.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    soimasoima Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi net, hacker .
    I m also Jncie-sec candidate , pls provide your skype ID to join jncie-sec group
  • Options
    nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Soima, sorry I just logged in today after a long ride. I failed the JNCIE-SEC on my first attempt - on 01/06/2015 - but i'm going back on 02/04/2015 (Wednesday) before the new update kicks in since I'm still in exam mode. I'll update once i'm done
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck nethacker! Kind of nice to see some Juniper activity on the boards! I hope you get a chance to share your experience with us.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    iNetZero is a great resource, customer service etc. is top notch. The O'Reilly SRX and Junos Sec books aswell as the JNCIP courseware should be your main study material. For hardware you can get by with the branch series.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?