June 2015 cism study materials

max9onmax9on Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
what's your study plans for the June 2015 exam?

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm still trying to come up with the perfect study plan.. so far i have the 2015 review manual. For all those who passed the test in 2014, would you be so kind to share your study plan/materials and resources used?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I've got the 2015 Review Manual on it's way. I will be picking up the Questions Database once I get through the book. Most people I've talked to say to read the book once or twice, and pound the questions daily.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • klefoklefo Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi, a friend gave me 2014 review manual and i would like to know if I can use it or or definitly i gotta use the 2015?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I've heard they are exactly the same.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • RonniewbRonniewb Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello fellow CISM candidates!

I've decided to take the CISM exam in June. I'll be buying the ISACA Official Study Guide and the accompanying ISACA Questions an Explanations manual.

What is everyone else using to prep for the exam?

Thinking about attending a prep session as well at Megamind.

Ronnie
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think those are the only materials worth using. i still havn't passed the first chapter. its quite a dry read.
  • bboopcombboopcom Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    keep hearing about a Database for studying/practice exam, but I'm not sure where to find the DB. Does anyone have a link or other info on how to access this DB? Thank!
  • drone 42drone 42 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can get study material from amazon.com also. It is a bit cheaper that the ISACA site. They also have a download version of the review questions database CD. It is also cheaper. Only catch is it looks like it only ships to a USA address, but it does not actually ship to the address as you download it.