CISA/CISM Application Submission and when Approved?

mavsfanforlifemavsfanforlife Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently passed the CISA and submitted my application on Friday (1/16/15). I just wanted to start a thread where the Dec. '14 exam passers post when they submitted or plan to submit their application and see when people start receiving approvals.

Good Luck to everyone!

Comments

• ArmiusArmius Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent the application today.

CISM: Application Submitted: Sent: 19/1/2015.
    Waiting:.....

And here it begins!!!
  • john.m.jones123john.m.jones123 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Submitted application 19 January (20th overseas) for CISM, Hopefully will not take too long... waiting, Phase II :)
    Status changed to CISM: Application Submitted on 21 January (overseas a day ahead) icon_lol.gif
    MSIT | PMP | CISSP | CISM | CISA | CDPSE | CAPM | ITIL | CEH | CCNA CyberOps | Sec+ | Net+ | A+ | MCTS | MCP | MS 365 Desktop
    2020 Goals: CRISC
  • QuisUtDeusQuisUtDeus Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've just submitted the CISM application. Waiting for the cert. :)
  • Brynne_05Brynne_05 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there a confirmation email from ISACA after sending to certification@isaca.org?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes, you will receive a confirmation email in a couple of days, probably.

I submitted my application on Friday Jan. 16; got a confirmation same day, and got another confirmation today. (?)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • mavsfanforlifemavsfanforlife Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same as above. I received confirmation same day stating that it would take 8 weeks, and then received another confirmation today, but stated that it would take up to 6 weeks...so didn't mind the second email as much icon_wink.gif
  • dmanconidmanconi Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    About certification form there one point that is not clear for me:

Verification of work experience
    I, xxxx , am applying for certification through ISACA as a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). As such, my information security work experience must be independently verified by my current and/or previous employer(s).
    The individual verifying the work experience must be an independent verifier and not of any relation to the applicant nor can the applicant verify his/her own work. If I currently or once worked as an independent consultant, I can use a knowledgeable client or an individual certified as a CISM to perform this role.

Probably is a my misunderstanding with the language but: how can my current and/or previous employer(s) be also an independent verifier and not of any relation

Sameone can help me to understand?
    Regards
    Davide
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I believe they are talking about relation as in family member. It would be unprofessional/unethical to have a family member do your verification.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Oh, and I forgot to contribute to the original purpose of this thread....

Submitted my application 20 Jan 15, I suspect I will receive a confirmation email today as submitted it in the evening.
  • Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have faxed it on 1/20, not yet received any confirmation..hope so will get email EOD today :)
  • 8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sent application yesterday(1/20/15).....Got a confirmation today
  • amnesiaamnesia Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sent Application: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7AM
    Received Response:
    Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11AM

Certification Status

CISM: Application Submitted

Faxed yesterday..
    I wonder what the chances are that we wait less than 5 weeks icon_sad.gif
    It could be possible.. however i can see a status on isaca site but didnt received any status email..not sure if its due to i faxed app...
    site seems to be down right now.
    ...and it's back.
  • Dante182Dante182 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I submitted my CISA application in early 2014, it took about 2 weeks (+/- a day) to receive a certification approval letter via email. And another week or so for a physical letter to arrive in the mail with my CISA pin.
    i have faxed on 1/20 .. website shows the status as unreviewed..but no email confirmation..
  • 8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Still showing unreviewed.....submitted on th 20th......CMON Man!!icon_cool.gif
    8octave wrote: »
    Still showing unreviewed.....submitted on th 20th......CMON Man!!icon_cool.gif
    I agree - The wait sucks! Not a peep from them since the first email.
  • jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate to ask such a stupid question, but where do you see the certification status page? Is it in the mycertifications tab on the isaca website? i submitted on the 26th, received my confirmation email but nothing has changed on the site. I dont see the status unreviewed or anything anywhere, just says not certified on the mycertifications page.
  • rx8blu1973rx8blu1973 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent my CISM application on 29 January and paid my fee on 30 Jan...Still no verification email?....I wonder if I should re-send it? I sent it from work, although my profile lists my personal email....are we talking about the standard auto-reply as the verification email?...
    rx8blu1973 wrote: »
    I sent my CISM application on 29 January and paid my fee on 30 Jan...Still no verification email?....I wonder if I should re-send it? I sent it from work, although my profile lists my personal email....are we talking about the standard auto-reply as the verification email?...
    The email should be from certification@isaca.org. I received two emails actually. One about an hour or so after I submitted my email application. It has an employees name in the signature line. The second one was an automated email which came about 24 hours afterwards.

Instead of resending I would email asking for a received confirmation. If not then I would resend.
  • rhaynalrhaynal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I passed the CISA and submitted my application Jan 20th.
  • rx8blu1973rx8blu1973 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    amnesia wrote: »
    The email should be from certification@isaca.org. I received two emails actually. One about an hour or so after I submitted my email application. It has an employees name in the signature line. The second one was an automated email which came about 24 hours afterwards.

Instead of resending I would email asking for a received confirmation. If not then I would resend.
    Too Late...lol...I resent the package on Monday evening from my home account (the one registered with ISACA), and received a confirmation for that package yesterday...
  • knightmbknightmb Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wait..wait...6 weeks time is too much...status is still showing as unreviewd...application submitted on 20th jan
    knightmb wrote: »
    wait..wait...6 weeks time is too much...status is still showing as unreviewd...application submitted on 20th jan

Hi,

Can you please tell me where you are able to check the status? I cannot find it anywhere on the ISACA website.
    jfitzg wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you please tell me where you are able to check the status? I cannot find it anywhere on the ISACA website.
    Once you are logged in Click MY ISACA tab. It will be middle of the page and say Certification Status.
    amnesia wrote: »
    Once you are logged in Click MY ISACA tab. It will be middle of the page and say Certification Status.

Thank you, I submitted my stuff on thte 20th, got the confirmation email, but it still states certification status: Passed Exam so I figured I was looking in the wrong place.