Passed os - LAME drill down questions from WinNT

JodiuhJodiuh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
major drill downs of where to change this device driver or where to adjust network settings/protocols on Win9x/WinNT. It was filled to the brim with stuff like this:

Where do you roll back a driver

control panel | device |driver
control panel | settings | device
control panel | device | settings
right click this, do that, eat an apple...

Squeaked by with a 658 tho. It would have definitely helped to play around with WinNT/Win9x's settings for NIC's and Dev install...at least for my test, hehe.

Then there were about 10 questions DIRECTLY ported from the hardware exam I took just before. And of course I did get the common sense questions that had answer choices of:

Format their hard drive and tell them there was no other choice. icon_twisted.gif
Explain that their data could be backed up and then formatted. icon_rolleyes.gif

I even got a "if you get a flat tire on the way to the job..." Surely these were the "testing" questions.

Comments

• kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congrats, passed my OS test today as well. 25% of my test was on hardware and customer service. I had a couple questions on business ethics as well, like what do you do if you're working on a computer in an accounting department and you see payroll info on the screen. Quite bizarre, but also pretty relevant I suppose.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Congrats, passed my OS test today as well. 25% of my test was on hardware and customer service. I had a couple questions on business ethics as well, like what do you do if you're working on a computer in an accounting department and you see payroll info on the screen. Quite bizarre, but also pretty relevant I suppose.

I know! Find the CEO's salary and blackmail him to keep quiet about it. :)
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Danman32 wrote:

I know! Find the CEO's salary and blackmail him to keep quiet about it. :)

Close! Not quite, though. You should correctly find and threaten to change the CEO's salary to force a raise out of him and maybe an extra week of holidays, depending on how well-honed your killer instinct is. Bonus points if a portion his paycheque is going into a secret account and you threaten to tell his wife in exchange for a new coffee maker for your desk.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003