Does anyone know when does the A+ and Network+ expire ?

chrisg29chrisg29 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Or any ideas how it works. Like say i know in one month from now that I will take the A+ exam and boom, the new exam comes out. I know it always update every 3 years but what happens if i was preparing the 801-802 then the new one comes out, will I have to start all over. Thanks.

Comments

• hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It expires after 3 years. If you take the Security+ within the next 3 years it will re-new them both.
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    You can also renew by submitting a cert from another vendor and paying $150
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think he's asking about the exams and not the certification itself. The exams change every once in a while, I'm not certain if they're done every X years or what, but the question pool is constantly updated I believe. Furthermore, if they come out with a new set of exams, they allow people to still take the previous ones for 6 months or so, before they remove the old ones. So, if you were going to do the A+ the current exams are 801 and 2, but the next set would be 901 and 2, and both sets would be available for 6 months, and then the 800 series would retire and the 900 series would take over from then on.