Cisco lab kits - reliable company?

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone ever purchased anything from Cisco-Campus They also refer to themselves as "Cisco-Campus"; I can't really find too much about them online. I was looking at this kit: CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL ROUTING & SWITCHING v2.0 300-101, 300-115, 300-135 which seems like a fairly good deal. They are pretty big on ebay with a ton of positive reviews, but I don't necessarily trust ebay or it's reviews. It claims to have a one year warranty.

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The price is decent, but I've never heard of Cisco-Campus before.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Never heard of this company either, when I bought my gear off Ebay I went by reviews and feedback and I've never regretted it.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2runnet on eBay

That is their ebay seller account, 100% recent feedback with a 780 feedback score. I may still play safe and order it on on a card so I will be able to file a claim if anything goes wrong. Thanks for the replies guys! I was already on the edge for pulling the trigger on a physical lab to move out of the emulation world, this just confirms that itch.
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I purchase a lot of things off ebay and the only way I can make a judgement on who to buy from is their feedback profile and their 5 star ratings. I bought all of my cisco gear off ebay and based on the feedback rating by many sellers so has a lot of other people. In this day of online commerce the only thing we have to depend on is ratings and reviews from others who have purchased from them. The price on this is not to bad and one thing going for them, they have an address as well as a phone number listed in the US.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Yep, plus with eBay you actually do have a protection as a buyer as well. Sellers do care about their ratings.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    I forgot about the Buyers Protection plan that ebay has, I have never had to use it, so it didn't cross my mind.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    JeanM wrote: »
    Yep, plus with eBay you actually do have a protection as a buyer as well. Sellers do care about their ratings.

Yeah, I bought a Cisco 2950 Switch off Ebay, the seller left the enable password on the device so I could not log in. Had to manually remove the password, ended up complaining to the seller and they refunded me the full amount for the switch so I wouldn't give them bad feedback :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1999. Never lost a dime or got shafted with a bad product. If you do your homework, check feedback, and read carefully, you can't lose.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Exactly :) Also a member since 1999 here as well.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    I recommend this seller: Cisco CCNA Ccent CCNP CCIE Massive Lab 3 Kit 2811 15 1 Free Rack 200 101 100 101 | eBay

I've been using this CCNA lab for a few weeks and it hasn't let me down. It's scalable too; add a 3550 or two and it can be CCNP ready.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend Certification Kits. I bought my Serial WIC cards and just ordered a 2509-RJ Terminal Server from them. Their shipping can be quick.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have spent several hundred dollars on ebay building a lab in the past years.. and I mean past years, granted a lot of it was overkill but I like to have extra and more than enough. I also suggest ebay. Another technique not mentioned is offering the seller a price lower that the suggested price. 45% of the time it works. Tell them you are in school studying attempting to make ends meet and money is tight and maybe 70% of the time they'll have a heart, only big sellers, the people who have like 25-100. If the person has 1 or 2 its almost impossible to get them lower.
    I make offers on virtually every single item I purchase on ebay, sometimes I get a better deal sometimes I don't, but it never hurts to ask.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks again for all of the replies guys! I feel more confident about buying off of eBay after seeing all the success here. I'll look more into the buyers reviews and see if they will negotiate any. I appreciate the input guys :)
  • particle1particle1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thought I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one:

Have my N+ exam on Monday morning and I am about to purchase my lab equipment for the CCNA. I too have been looking online and have found numerous offers on ebay. I realize it may not be an absolute necessity to obtain hardware to complete the cert however my goal is to gain as much real world experience as possible. I am a Desktop Team Lead at a Financial Services Company on Wall Street and have been given the opportunity to move into networking. It is what I really want to do and so I am willing to invest.

More than anything I want my setup to be scalable going forward.

What are peoples thoughts on this setup for example?:

Cisco Complete CCNA & CCNP Certified Network Professional Home Lab Kit 15.1IOS