ITIL Foundation - Certificate & Verification

Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited July 2019 in ITIL Certifications
I've recently passed the ITIL foundation exam (woop woop), I wanted to know about the following:

1) Do they send you out a physical certificate? (I self studied)
2) How would I go about verifying my certificate if my employer (current or potential) asked me to?

Thanks.
2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Comments

• TatyTaty Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which books did you use?
  • crashblastcrashblast Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c where did you take the exam? Did you do one of the web exams?
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took my exam at either Vue or Prometric (forget which). It took several weeks but I did receive a letter, a certificate (suitable for framing???) and I think I got a lapel pin. I believe that you will also receive an ID number and a web address that you can use for verification.
  • josetijamjosetijam Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    I've recently passed the ITIL foundation exam (woop woop), I wanted to know about the following:

1) Do they send you out a physical certificate? (I self studied)
    2) How would I go about verifying my certificate if my employer (current or potential) asked me to?

Thanks.

Hi Kinet1c,

First, congratulations on passing!

1) You're supposed to get one; I never received mine (I took my exam July of this year).
    2) For certification verification, you can go to ITIL's website:
    You are here: Qualifications > ITIL Successful Candidate Register - Search
    http://www.itil-officialsite.com/ITILEISCRquery.aspx
  • fakesyintheskyfakesyinthesky Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this register still active? I tried accessing it and got a 'could not find page' error icon_sad.gif
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi fakesyinthesky, the register is in limbo at the moment as the ownership of ITIL transfers from one accreditor to another. The register used to be run and owned by APMG (the old ITIL accreditor). Axelos have now taken over as the new accreditor and the transfer of all data etc. isn't complete yet.

Hopefully it will be back soon.

Claire
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,

Do we know when this will be active?

I'm trying to verify credentials.

Thanks.

It was back for a while but it looks like it's gone again! This is the link to keep checking:

http://www.itil-officialsite.com/candidate-register/register-maintenance.aspx

It's worth bearing in mind it can take up to 8 weeks for your name to appear on the register after passing the exam. Most examination institutes (e.g. EXIN, APMG etc.) also keep their own registers so you can always check on their websites too.

Claire
    I never did get added to this so have requested the new accreditor investigate to see why, hoping to have it sorted in the coming weeks. Thanks for the help.

Got this resolved in the end and am now on the SCR. Took a few weeks of emails to the accreditor but finally some public recognition ;)

• chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just recently passed this exam, went through with exin. Is everyone who passed the itil supposed to be listed in above link? Would also like for an employer to be able to check it out.
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Just recently passed this exam, went through with exin. Is everyone who passed the itil supposed to be listed in above link? Would also like for an employer to be able to check it out.

In exin portal, there's a tick box you fill to request that you're placed on the SCR.

is it too late or can i do it now.
    You can do it any time!

hmmm im not seeing that! In the EXIN portal now looking through the menu on the left...
    Scratch that i see it now,SRC entry requested,yes. icon_smile.gif
    Where can i search to see if i am listed?
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Scratch that i see it now,SRC entry requested,yes. icon_smile.gif
    Where can i search to see if i am listed?

Here >> https://www.axelos.com/successful-candidates-register.aspx

It'll take several weeks to appear, if it doesn't happen by April then I'd chase them up.

• ayushjohriayushjohri Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

Its nice to connect with all of you, specially those who are passionate about taking up ITSM as their career ahead and are looking forward to take ITIL Foundation Exams with sure shot success.
    I have recently completed my ITIL Foundation with 95% and have started training people as I feel there are many institutes online who are fooling and charging hefty from the candidates and at the same time just by giving them 2 days of fast training is not adequate to infuse them with learning which stays with them for the rest of their career. They solely do it to make candidate pass the exam, this should not be the motive of learning.

Most of the candidates are lured to such fast paced training but they should know concepts and fundamentals are all what they need to build a solid foundation in this career ahead. This comes with focused approach and with someone who can spend personal time with you.

So I am taking an initiative of providing appropriate guidance to my valuable colleagues here so that they not just pass ITIL but also enjoy the learning/training by following my guided approach which I have built based on my experience of passing it with high score of 95%.

Those who feel interested are most welcome to contact me, and I can further share how we can take major leap to transform your knowledge.
    Only if you are committed and sincere towards it.

Thanks
    Ayush
    ITIL® V3 | Senior SAP Consultant
  • Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Ayush,
    I am sorry, but you cannot just start providing training once you have passed the exam yourself, however well. This is in direct breach of the accreditor's rules, amnd you are infringing their intellectual property rights. In order to teach ITIL legally, you must be an accredited trainer, using accredited materials, and deliver through an accredited training organisation (ATO). You could become a legitimate trainer, but you would need more than the Foundationl level qualification; you need a deeper understanding than that, and practical experience. I suggest you contact an ATO, and try and get them to help you achieve the required standard
    Hey, quick question. How do i find my license number to prove that i have passed the exam. I wanted to have it on my cv/linked in page so that it can be validated.
  • rwarrington13rwarrington13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all. Good to read some of the threads here. I have my Foundations v3 cert and have moved a few times since obtaining it in 2012. I can't find my paper or my number and never received the lapel or digital version of it. Is there a place or someone I can reach out to, to get these reissued or sent? Any help would be great. Thanks and have a great morning.
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just found https://www.exin.com/NL/en/certificate-authentication. Entered my last name plus the cert number and it shows a certificate of proof.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    For ITIL Certification you can get onlinne training. You can search online trainer.