David's CCIE: R+S Thread

Comments

• IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is a fun and amazing thread, with incredible motivation towards a greater good in oneself. This thread and all CCIE threads, instill in me a higher motivation to study harder and to obtain a higher knowledge. The best of luck to you, David. May the packets be with you!
  • tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    Mostly a silent reader of this thread up until now. Best of luck man, you got this! Get those digits.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck! We anticipate your updates post-exam
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, now get off TE and go dark..
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    re-booked mine for friday :) see you at/IN the lab :D

I will be in london weds/thurs most likely, let me know if you want to grab a drink.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good luck Gore, all the best If you don't reply back on this thread! :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @silver - I didn't see that one coming! See you there! Whereabouts are you staying?

Pm me icon_smile.gif

To everyone else, thanks icon_smile.gif..... And I'm gone
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Good luck dude!
  • downwithbgpdownwithbgp Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, David!
    Tomorrow is the day.

Arrived at hotel yesterday, it's great - I was worried about being near the flight path (near Heathrow, only the worlds busiest airport) but it's silent. In fact the noisiest thing in this room is the air conditioning unit cooling down after warming the room up all evening lol.

Had a decent night sleep last night, will scope out Cisco location later and generally relax today.

Bye bye for now
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Good luck Gore, you got this :)

Next post CCIE #
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Best of luck fella. Go get that CCIE :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the day.

Arrived at hotel yesterday, it's great - I was worried about being near the flight path (near Heathrow, only the worlds busiest airport) but it's silent. In fact the noisiest thing in this room is the air conditioning unit cooling down after warming the room up all evening lol.

Had a decent night sleep last night, will scope out Cisco location later and generally relax today.

Bye bye for now
    It's all you my friend, go get em'!!!!!! #smokethatCCIE
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We're all rooting for ya!!

(and for silver too, who will apparently also be there tomorrow?)!!!
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    Apparently so! He did PM me and say that he decided to just go for it - he was ready - so I'll see him tomorrow.

Hopefully we can report two good news stories tomorrow!

:)
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Gorelab, you got this! Good luck pal.
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah you got this mate. Barracking for ya!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    haha yeh i am - Cant sleep currently though which sucks!!!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You got this too silver145! Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to the both of you!!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Good luck to the both of you!

David, I've been reading your thread since when it got started and had my doubts if you were ever going to complete the journey due to life but you've done everything possible to prepare now. Now it's just a matter of having a good day at the lab. You can do it.

Silver, I hope you bring back your numbers as well :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
    Yes I've had a read through as well and at times I just wasn't committed enough - no two words about it.

Happy to report that despite waking up twice through the night, I have actually slept rather well indeed.

I'm now sat waiting for doors opening at 8.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good luck man, I'm rooting for you! Report back your pass when you have finished ;)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • cwestmaccwestmac Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're going to do awesome, David. Good luck!
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Hope you two slam dunk the lab, hope you come back with good vibes about how you did! This is your moment of glory!!
    Well back at hotel now. Don't know what to say. I think I bombed two tickets in TS so I think my lab is a dud. (Definitely only partially fixed one of the tough ones, fixed another one but damn sure now I broke the restriction so it'll be 0 points) Got all the rest easily though.

However, I factored this into my config section and I went after every single point and I think I did quite well.

Waiting game now.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    We're pullin' for you gore!
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck David! I'm sure you knocked it out of the park.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Well back at hotel now. Don't know what to say. I think I bombed two tickets in TS so I think my lab is a dud. (Definitely only partially fixed one of the tough ones, fixed another one but damn sure now I broke the restriction so it'll be 0 points) Got all the rest easily though.

However, I factored this into my config section and I went after every single point and I think I did quite well.

Waiting game now.

Not necessarily. With the new scoring system you don't need as high of a score in each section as long as your total score is high enough. So if you config section was great, you're still in the game.
    Yah but I figure I only got 66% in TS. I am in the lap of the scoring gods - because I know I tried my damndest to get as many points as I could in CFG.

I am *that* close!!