CISSP General Query

rgkn06rgkn06 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

This is my first day and first post.
About me: An Information security Analyst with 3Yrs of experience and working for an IT Consulting Organization.
I was reading all your post from this morning. I am about to start preparing for CISSP exam. From all your post I came to know below are some useful document that can help to clear CISSP.

CISSP All-In-One Exam Guide 6th Edition by Shon Harris
CISSP practice Exam, Second Edition by Shon Harris
Official ISC 2 Guide to the CISSP CBK by Steven Hernandez
CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad and Seth Misenar
Eleventh Hour CISSP study guide by Eric Conrad and Seth Misenar

2) I am planning to take my exam after April 15, 2015 (As ISC2 has announced new domains after April 15 2015), whether I need to refer any other books apart from above mentioned?

3) Your tips for CISSP exam.
4) Please let me know if I missed any document.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. It's definitely too early to tell anything about the domain realignment. I'm hoping someone here takes the exam after April 15th and reports back.The resources you list are very good. No one book is perfect. You need to find which one fits your style. One of the best ways to get feedback is to search for "Passed CISSP" threads where many of us detail our study plans, exam experiences, and others.

Best of luck!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would add Transcender, it is good drilling the concepts.

Remember, do not memorize parameters, try to understand all the domain, if you can explain the domains to somebody that doesn't have your knowledge very easy you will be in a good shape.

And by the way practice to make long question bulks, and be sitting long time, do it progressive. I tried to do that but with the pressure that you can fail staying focus with 250 questions is difficult in the real exam.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rgkn06 wrote: »
    Hi All,

This is my first day and first post.
    About me: An Information security Analyst with 3Yrs of experience and working for an IT Consulting Organization.
    I was reading all your post from this morning. I am about to start preparing for CISSP exam. From all your post I came to know below are some useful document that can help to clear CISSP.

CISSP All-In-One Exam Guide 6th Edition by Shon Harris
    CISSP practice Exam, Second Edition by Shon Harris
    Official ISC 2 Guide to the CISSP CBK by Steven Hernandez
    CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad and Seth Misenar
    Eleventh Hour CISSP study guide by Eric Conrad and Seth Misenar

2) I am planning to take my exam after April 15, 2015 (As ISC2 has announced new domains after April 15 2015), whether I need to refer any other books apart from above mentioned?

3) Your tips for CISSP exam.
    4) Please let me know if I missed any document.

Don't worry about any new domains, the domains will only get some restructuring. The topics and study materials will still be there though. It doesnt matter if Laws/Legal and Compliance are on the same domain or separate domains. The material and topics, the concepts and definitions you will be tested will still be there no matter what book you read. A recently published one or one that was published 1 year ago.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shon Harris AIO & Official guide book is the key for success. Focus on the high level concepts. On test day, read the questions 2 or 3 times before answering and you will do just fine.

Use these free resource for practice questions:

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams
    Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Practice Exams
    https://www.skillset.com/login
  • rgkn06rgkn06 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your support..
  • infosaginfosag Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Today is my first post too. I am in the exact same boat as the OP is. I have 3.9 years of experience and had started preparing for the CISSP exams and would be appearing in June or July 2015.

I wanted some clarity on the below mentioned queires:
    1. By when can I expect the official ISC 2 book with new syllabus to come out? the official site says Q1 2015, to be precise when would that be available?
    2. And how much of the syllabus is expected to change? (I mean if I read Shon Harris AIO cover-to-cover how much of the same will be valid for the new syllabus)

I know we are at quite an early stage to say anything, I am asking w.r.t people who are experienced and are in the induststry for a long time would be having an idea what can we expect regarding my above queries.

Thanks.