Options

What are the MTA exams like?

Waka Flocka FlameWaka Flocka Flame Banned Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Like how is it set out? is it multiple choice questions? are there any simulation questions? Im more interested in the 98-349 exam as I have hopes to take it next month

Comments

• Options
    diskosdiskos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is my question too. Fill in the Blank ? Multiple Choice ? True / False ?
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

What exam are you studying for?
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    • Number of Questions: Approximately 30-50 questions (Since Microsoft does not publish this information, the number of exam questions may change without notice.)
    • Types of Questions: This test format is multiple choice.

Exam Profile MTA 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals | Exam Details / Trouble Spots | Pearson IT Certification
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Many of the elements of a typical Microsoft exam will be there, just scaled down a bit. It's like a Microsoft Jr. exam. It will give you a small taste of a full Microsoft test experience.
  • Options
    opps, I missed to say - MTA 98-349 ... I read the article from the link аnd it says: " This test format is multiple choice " .Does this mean that it is without Fill in the Blank ? True / False ?
  • Options
    I'd assume so then. I wonder how obvious the answers are though... They may use trick questions.
  • Options
    LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The questions can be multiple choice and matching, as per: MTA FAQs.
    It depends on the test. Some MTAs will be only multiple choice, some may also have matching.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @Waka Flocka Flame,

LauraMalave, ssnyderu2 and PJSneakers have answered your question. Please do not continue to ask for exact specifics of the exams as you may cause them to be in violation of their NDA.

If you cannot discern what is needed from their above comments and the MTA FAQ then you just may not be ready to take the exam. Gain some experience and setup some lab scenarios and work through them until your confidence and experience match what a candidate should have to be successful on the exam.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ? Are you mixing me up with diskos as i posted one question hes asked two...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    No, there is no mix up, you posted the original thread seeking information and a speculating reply, it actually applies to both of you.

Both of you are new here, and your question might be innocent, but you are not the first to try to play the comment off as 'oh, I was merely asking, didn't know, 'chill dude'.' and I wanted to make it clear that members have provided sound advice therefore there is no further need to 'guess' what may or may not be on the exam, the link to a source is provided.

If you are confused or unclear about a specific topic, ask those types of questions in the forums, but this board is not for the 'what is on my test so I only study that part' type of site.

Just in case that wasn't clear.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As Plantwiz said, we just cant give you any specifics. When you take the exam for certification, no matter the vendor, you agree to a NDA. The only MTA exam I took was for the 98-349, so that is the only one I can speak to. As I said earlier it is multiple choice. The only other thing I can say is just read the questions well before answering. I got a couple wrong when doing the practice test because I assumed I new the answer and glossed over the question. I got it wrong, but new the answer when I looked closer at the question (if that makes any sense).

I can also tell you that to study I signed up for the CBT Nuggets 1 week free trial and watched the 98-349 videos, I used the Certiport exam guide (see link below) as a practice test. After that I took and passed the test.

ftp://ftp.certiport.com/Marketing/Mta/docs/MTA_SSG_WindowOS_SSG_Without_Crop.pdf
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Thank you all for answers
  • Options
    jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to add something - read multiple sources AND watch videos (CBT, TrainSignal, MVA... it is up to you). Do not focus only on the original resources, especially if the problem domains, which are covered by these exams, are something completely new to you.

Also I would like to underline the fact mentioned by ssnyderu2, because I think it is very important and many people can go over it as something that can't happen to them (me included) - read the questions carefully and think about them (basically think about what are they asking). Something really similar happened to me like to ssnyderu2 - I have read only half of a question, went through the answers and thought to myself: "ok, it's easy" and marked something - which was not very clever and especially - it wasn't the right answer. As I did it quite few times, my only salvation was enough of time (the domain covered by the exam wasn't something completely new to me), possibility to go through the questions more times and read them that time (out of a pure boredom). So once more - read the questions well, before answering :).

Hope it helps.