Passed 70-688.

gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
This exam was much more difficult than the 70-687 IMO.

Used:
Pluralsight
CBT Nuggets
Transcender
Technet
Trial Office 365 and Intune

Not a lot of study material out there that I seen, but was able to piece it together.

Comments

• bubbe2005bubbe2005 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how many questions were in the exam?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cisco.senseicisco.sensei Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Can you please clarify which exam was harder? 70-687 or 70-688?

Thanks!
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    688 is harder. It had about 50 questions.
  • cisco.senseicisco.sensei Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for following up. Appreciate the input. I plan on taking the 70-687 exam in exactly a month. Would you be able to provide any additional insight on the material of the exam? I understand this information is on Microsoft's web page but any insight would be appreciated: want to get an idea of the most recent exams!
    For the 70-687, Make sure you know:

-Available upgrade paths
    -Installing and Manipulating VHD's
    -Windows Store Sideloading and Deeplinking
    -Hyper-v Networking
    -Windows Firewall
    -Storage Spaces
    -Windows RE
    -Windows To Go
    This is great, i'll be sure to continue studying these topics. I will probably continue asking questions if its alright!

So, as far as installing/manipulating VHDs, firewall, and Windows RE: how much cmdlets/commands did you use? Many? Did you experience a lot of power-shell particulars?

Also, was it all multiple choice?
    You can ask. I will tell you as much as I can, not to violate the NDA.

I would know the PS and CMD. It is not all multiple choice.
    What exactly do you mean by NDA- Something agreement? Sorry if i'm prying to much but appreciate your help. Can you provide some examples of the non-multiple choice questions? I have not taken a Microsoft Exam before.
    NDA = Non-disclosure Agreement. Things pertaining to specifics of the exam or questions are prohibited from being shared.
    Alrighty. That being said, are you able to provide information about the non-multiple choice questions? :)
    Basically, it is mainly multiple choice, drag and drop, or scenarios.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • baboontesterbaboontester Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know file permissions as well cisco.sensei! gc8dc95 is correct on the other things as well, but I had multiple questions on file permissions. Just passed the 70-687 on Monday.

Congrats on Passing gc8dc95! I'm planning on taking the 688 this summer.
  • srobinsrobin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice. I just passed the 70-687 and studying for 688. I got the MCSA - Windows 8.1 Complete Study guide, but was not impressed and don't recommend the book, as it seems to skate over many of the details. As I found out when I took the 687 exam. Barely squeaked by.

I signed up for the 30 day trial for Intune and digging into Office 365, etc, as well as more of the Powershell stuff and imaging. At this point, just not sure what will be on the test.

I need to work on file permissions and lots of the GPOs.

Technet seems like a good place to work through some of the more technical scenarios. I have a virtual setup with win 8.1 and server 2012 that has really helped me understand what I don't know.

Thanks
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    srobin wrote: »
    Very nice. I just passed the 70-687 and studying for 688. I got the MCSA - Windows 8.1 Complete Study guide, but was not impressed and don't recommend the book, as it seems to skate over many of the details. As I found out when I took the 687 exam. Barely squeaked by.

I signed up for the 30 day trial for Intune and digging into Office 365, etc, as well as more of the Powershell stuff and imaging. At this point, just not sure what will be on the test.

Technet seems like a good place to work through some of the more technical scenarios. I have a virtual setup with win 8.1 and server 2012 that has really helped me understand what I don't know.

Thanks

I'm bumping an old thread I know but I am sure people would love to know how you got on with the 70-688 exam?

There is hardly anything about this exam on Techexams so your input would be appreciated by most, selfishly also I intend to sit this exam in the next couple of months so I am beginning to gather together appropriate revision material.

Hope you can help.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MadDonkeyMadDonkey Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    srobin wrote: »

Thanks

Congrats on passing 70-687. I have sat 70-688 2 times allready. It is a lot harder then you might think. I have watched the nuggets, read the exam ref book. But I have learned the most from the MeasureUP tests I recently purchased.

The test from MeasureUP really shows you what areas you need to work on. Be care ful only 140-ish questions in the test icon_wink.gif Try not to memorise them but learn from the right/wrong answers, make notes and use the technet links provided.

I hope to sit the test again, 3rd time, soon.
  • hisaan anjumhisaan anjum Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    My name is hisaan anjum and i PASSED my 70-687 exam(on the first try) at the age of 13 on 17/8/14 but when I gave the 70-688 exam on 27/7/15 I FAILED with 657 on the first
    :sadicon_sad.gifneed 700) try but on the second shot got 678icon_sad.gif (need 700) . I USED :
    CBT Videos
    Measure up

exam ref 70-688(book)

Even got a trial of Intune

ADK(Practicals ETC...)

WHAT DO I DO PLEASE HELP?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Hi
    My name is hisaan anjum and i PASSED my 70-687 exam(on the first try) at the age of 13

Right, that's it I'm becoming a bus driver.