INE Courses

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi Guys,

A random kind of question and probably on the wrong place on the forums (but here goes).

I was looking at purchasing some new INE courses, am I correct in thinking to download/pay for videos you have to subscribe to INE's "All Access Pass" - seems a bit steep for me ($99 a month).

Any advice would be appreciated, who may use this website.
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCIE materials are highway robbery. That said, you can buy videos from INE for download only, but it appears they're for the v4 (old) blueprint.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Oh right, I couldn't see the video series on there for download only. My understanding was you have to subscribe for $99 a month and you get all the content.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got a CCIE R&S bundle from them back during a black Friday sale. Good stuff in my opinion if you hit it when they have deals, otherwise it is a little steep on price. Brian is very thorough in his explanations, but he is also very technical. So if you only learn primarily with Jeremy from CBT nuggets, you might have a problem taking the info in.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not sure how their videos fit together and what overlap there is, but they have a Written, v5 Advanced Technology, Advanced Troubleshooting, Learning Series, Deep Dives, etc...

http://www.ine.com/self-paced/ccie-routing-switching/bootcamps.htm
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • FitziFitzi Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't want to hijack your thread (sorry if this seems that way) but I don't want to start a new one for this question either.

For the INE workbooks (or any of the ccie training providers for example) are these actual physical workbooks which are sent out or are they just available online in a locked pdf format or some such?
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fitzi wrote: »
    I don't want to hijack your thread (sorry if this seems that way) but I don't want to start a new one for this question either.

For the INE workbooks (or any of the ccie training providers for example) are these actual physical workbooks which are sent out or are they just available online in a locked pdf format or some such?

You can either view them online in sections or download the whole thing as pdf. Navigating it is difficult though due to the pdf being 2500+ pages and no table of contents
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I have the CCDA, CCNP, and CCIE SP video courses, they are very thorough and indepth but they definitely aren't as engaging as Jeremy Cioara's videos. Best to try to pick them up during a special or convince your company to pick up the tab for you I've done one or the other on all the courses I own.
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shednik wrote: »
    I have the CCDA, CCNP, and CCIE SP video courses, they are very thorough and indepth but they definitely aren't as engaging as Jeremy Cioara's videos. Best to try to pick them up during a special or convince your company to pick up the tab for you I've done one or the other on all the courses I own.
    Exactly! INE has a class lecture feel to it, as most are actually recorded during bootcamps and classes. While CBTNuggets, has more of a one on one feel, while Jeremey will throw in some extra facts and stories. I think the combination of the two is powerful.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • ITtech2010ITtech2010 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are th differences between cut nuggets and ine? I heard cbt doesn't go over most materials. Is that true?
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets is more conversational, while INE has more of a classroom feel. All the providers (INE, IPExpert, CBTN, etc) cover the majority of the topics to varying degrees and and different presentation styles, none would or could cover everything simply due to time constraints. But they are all a great supplement to the OCG/FLG and much more affordable than a live class (especially if you're the one paying).