Options

Certifications Goals for 2015

Comments

• Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    gorebrush wrote: »
    So I suppose I've already done my 1st goal for the year then... :)

CCIE ??

Congrats!!
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    I plan to finally finish OSCP, and maybe then one of the SANS University incident response certificate courses.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    70-411 and CCNA for me this year.
  • Options
    MattcnzMattcnz Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MCSA: Office 365 & MCSA: Windows Server 2012
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ICND2, within the next 2 months. As soon as that is over with, start CCNA Security. If I get those two certs this year I will be more than happy.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    GeekTechieGeekTechie Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2015 Certs Goals:

A+ (Taking 801 this month after restarting on studying again, then 802 this month or move 802 to Mar. 2015, it depends on the timing or study time I do)
    Network+ (Mar. 2015)
    Security + (April 2015/May 2015)

After Security +, I may go into Microsoft, Cisco, or a completely different certification path. But though I'm graduating with a technical certificate as Network Administrator, I'm going to look into heading into network security for instance, so I'll look into certifications in that area.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    INCD1 (March 6!)
    INCD2 (May)
    CCNA: Security (hopefully by the end of the year)
  • Options
    CMalon02CMalon02 Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking to get my A+(June), Net+(April), and CCENT by the years end!
  • Options
    Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    MCSA: Windows7
    ITIL: Foundations
    CCENT
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    so I think I said CCIE and VCP originally (can't find it at this point). Let's add VCAP (or VCIX, depending on when I get to it), SCSE and the required Storage+ to the list.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    2015: CCIE DC prep - that's it for this year.
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CISSP - March
    GPEN - April/May
    OSCP - June
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GeekTechie wrote: »
    2015 Certs Goals:

A+ (Taking 801 this month after restarting on studying again, then 802 this month or move 802 to Mar. 2015, it depends on the timing or study time I do)
    Network+ (Mar. 2015)
    Security + (April 2015/May 2015)

After Security +, I may go into Microsoft, Cisco, or a completely different certification path. But though I'm graduating with a technical certificate as Network Administrator, I'm going to look into heading into network security for instance, so I'll look into certifications in that area.

If you want to head towards networking and networking security, I'd recommend Cisco all day. Go for your CCNA and CCNP R&S and master the fundamentals before jumping onto the CCNA Security path.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I started SANS SEC560, so I need to get the GPEN done in early 2015. From there I'm going to take a Cisco certification to get my CCNA:R&S renewed. After that I should probably focus on deepening my Python knowledge.

The GPEN is now done and I'm getting ready to prepare for the CCNA:S. I've had an opportunity to use Python on the job, and I'm hoping to get more opportunities going forward. Not a bad start for the year :)
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Certifications for this year

PRINCE2 Foundation
    Linux+
    CCENT
    CCNA

Hoping to make myself more marketable!!!!
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was planning on going on with CEH then CISM with my move back into IA. But I found out that I am going to be the Network security analyst and as such, I must have a current CCNA. So looks like I'll have to climb back up the Cisco tree that I (stupidly) let lapse...
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    chidokschidoks Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to get the PMP, ASQ Green Belt and ITIL done last year... I would like to end up in Enterprise Architecture but will most likely have to go the Infrastructure or Solutions Architecture route first in order to gain some experience so we'll see how it all plays out.

2015 GOALS:
    - Finish up my masters in Systems Engineering
    - Possibly sit for the Six Sigma Black Belt exam (although most places are fine with my Green Belt, if i do sit for the black belt it will be an after thought, also the Green Belt is lifetime certification with no recertification requirements like the black belt)

Infrastructure related (stuff that tickles my fancy so far):
    - RHCE
    - VMWare VCP
    - AWS Solutions Architect

Ideally i would be happy if i am able to achieve the RHCE this year while balancing it with school, work and then getting the VCP and AWS at a later time. I am not aiming to be a master at all these technologies but from a business perspective, i want to be able to recommend solutions or make decisions about solutions without looking lost when the system engineers or day to day operations people are talking.
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
  • Options
    $TR1K3R$TR1K3R Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RHCSA/RHCE

at least RHCSA will be fine

maybe some MS exams also
  • Options
    archananairarchananair Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking ahead to take juniper training this year. Excited about learning it.
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here's my very ambitious and crazy cert plan. Seems a little out there, but its early march and I'm well on my way. Luckily I'm getting study time during working hours. I may pickup another job that will allow me a 3 month window for studying while I wait for a clearance. This may allow me to get some of this done quicker.

Jan 2015: Security+ - completed (1)
    Feb 2015: 70-680 MCTS/MCP - completed (1)
    March 2015: 70-686 for MCITP/MCSA Windows 7 (1)
    April 2015: 70-417 for MCSA Upgrade to Windows Server 2012 (1) - also having a baby this time...may slow things down.
    May/June 2015: MCSE Windows 2012/Private Cloud (2)
    July/Aug/Sept 2015: CISSP Certification (1)
    Oct/Nov 2015: PMP Certification (1)
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    cisco_nerdcisco_nerd Member Posts: 198
    2015 = CCIE Collaboration icon_cheers.gificon_study.gif
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2015 Goals for a newbie:
    [x] A+
    [] Network+
    [] CCENT
    [] CCNA
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    Judderman88Judderman88 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hopefully pass 70-685 (Having failed it once already) within the next 2 months to get MCSA Win 7.
    I'm then torn between doing 70-689 to get MCSA Win 8 or moving straight for 70-410 and going server route.
    I'd also like to do 74-409 as I really enjoy virtualisation
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    I hope to get close to finishing MCSE - SharePoint 2013

Got one exam left to get me both MCSA - Server 2012 and MCSA - SQL Server 2012.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    Here's my new certification goals for 2015: (by July 2015)

1. CompTIA (refresh this cert)
    2. CompTIA Network+
    3. CompTIA Security+
    4. Cisco CCENT

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISSP (June 19th)

CISM (later this year)
  • Options
    ayosko45ayosko45 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully my CCENT by June! Over the summer the goal is to get my A+. I feel like I am kind of getting these out of order, but I'm already knee deep into the CCENT...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Changed my goals a bit from last year. CCENT, CCNA R&S, then Server+ are the goals for 2015. I have finished 2 of my goals this year and taking Server+ in 3 days. If everything works out well, I am done for the year and I just take it easy until 2016 when I go and maintain CEUs and start my CCNP Switch exam :)
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□

Looking back at my goals for 2014, I feel as if I have been slacking for this year. Through a life style change of dedicated studying, I was able earn 6 certifications that year. CCNA: Routing and Switch was my 3rd attempt and it took 2 attempts to pass VMware VCP5-DCV. I also had the rare luxury of being single, no kids, full time college, and part time at my retail job. I was able to get a career in IT on October of that year with only CCNA: Security and Linux+ left on my list. However, with learning my job position taking most of my free time, I barely was able to squeeze my CCNA: Security goal until the second week of December of 2014. I unfortunately failed to start studying for Linux+ that year.

I was able to take advantages of opportunities that my college provided with certifications. Besides having the testing center at the university, the cost for the certification vouchers was only $15 for the first attempt and only $20 for the second attempt. So my expense for certification vouchers in 2014 was only $390 since I had to pay out of pocket for my 3rd attempt at CCNA: Routing & Switching ($295). Since I became a graduate in January of this year, I earned 5 certification vouchers with the graduate cost of $20 for the first attempt and $40 for a second attempt. Two of them I am planning to use for CASP and CEHv8. The other 3 I can use for either retakes or other certifications.

I have not studied for certifications this year and have not visited the forum as often as I used to due to work. I intend to change that since I feel I can hold myself accountable for my goals and be motivated with the accomplishments of others with the TechExams forums. I still have the same advantages of being single and not having any kids, but I found that it seems harder for me to find study time while I have a career in the IT field… and I don’t know why. So my signature has my goals for 2015, but I am being realistic and breaking down my certification goals to exams in hope of ultimately earning that certification.

My CASP voucher only covers the first version of the exam that is going to retire on June 30, 2015 which is why I am working on that certification first. I read that the Linux+’s LX0-101 and LX0-102 are being retired on August 30, 2015. It states on CompTIA’s website that the older exams cannot be carried over to the newer LX0-103 and LX0-104 so I will have to make the choice of whether to study for the 101/102 or 103/104. I tend to go for older exams since there is more material for it, yet I will study the newer version if I feel that I won’t make the cutoff time for the older exam’s retire date.

I have intentions for applying to WGU’s MSISA program, but I wanted to get the CASP out of the way first and possibly Linux+ before their current exam expires. Still, I don’t know how my certification goals will be affected while attending WGU. I also plan to take advantage of my ISSA chapter’s CISSP review class that they are offering. Though I don’t have the experience to gain a CISSP certification, I tossed it on my goals to at least pass the examination and hope the opportunity to build experience will follow.

My apologies for the long post, but I think I needed to express it mainly to myself and hold myself accountable to my goals for this year. I feel that I have to keep learning to be as smart as I should be. I am not studying for the certification, but using it as a reward in order to self-justify the culmination of what I learned on a topic through dedicated studying. Otherwise, if feel that the IT certification is showing that you knew what you needed to know at the time you took that exam…
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.