PASSED BUT WITHIN LINES!!!

princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
Thanks to everyone on this site, it has been a wonderful experience getting to know much through members sharing ideas and getting through the many great articles here. I sat for both SEC+ and 70-290 same day and i passed with 764 which is the passing mark. Just between the 2 lines (pass and fail). However, i think i have learnt a lesson about how best to handle future exams.

I used
1. sybex (initially 2nd and later bought the 3rd edition)
2. syngress (very detailed)
3. technote on this site
4. practices questions from here and free-tests

I had more questions from cryptography and bcp follow by attacks. Also had about 2 from linux.

However, i wish to ask that till when do i expect my certificate and kits. Or do i need to request from comptia since my record had already been updated in my comptia profile as sec+ certified.

This site is great job from the moderators and webmaster

Thanks
Knowledge is life

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

Not sure how it works at the moment, I believe it usually takes 2 to 6 weeks for the certificate arrives, automatically, varies a lot based on your location.
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Thanks. I have checked the activities in my profile. Comptia indicated that the sec+ kit had been processed. Then it is a matter of weeks, i will get it.
    Knowledge is life
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats!

Good to hear that you passed, dont worry too much about the score.
    Cheers!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • I also got the exact same score on Security+, the passing mark. Good job.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I got my kit in about 2 weeks. Interesting thing, my mail carrier stuffed it into my mailbox, and had to curl it to get it in there, totally ignoring what is boldly written on the envelope "DO NOT BEND". The certificate now has a mild crease in it.