Passed CISSP today Afternoon

niceniksniceniks Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed CISSP today afternoon. Very Exhaustive examination.

Really want to tell you my story from last day of examination.

I Prepared thoroughly for 4 months, so i was very excited the day before examination. But surprisingly the night before the examination couldn't able to sleep. I tried a lot to sleep but even then i couldn't able to sleep even for 10 minutes. So because of this i really became frustrated. In the morning before going to examination i was so tired & frustrated because of no sleep.

Examination hall was good but i was feeling sleepy at starting.

Examination: It was very tough as when i started question were very tough & tricky & i am less concentrated because of less sleep.
After 1 hour i completed only 28 to 30 question. I decided to speed up but couldn't coz of sleep & questions were very tough.
After 2 hour i completed only 70 question & marked approx. 20 questions.

I am sure of failing & thinking to leave in between because of all this. My confidence was very low. Exam was really hard.

After 2 hours by head become excited & i was able to concentrate to question more & i was felling less sleepy.
After 3 hours almost 120 questions completed.
But after this suddenly comparatively easy questions started to come. So i was gaining confidence back.

Another 5 hours i completed upto 250 questions with marked question almost 80.

Last hour i reviewed marked questions. But time was less as i was not able to complete all marked questions.

i was sure of fail because of first very tough 100 questions. I collected all my belongings & left the room with sure failing.

TA was given me printout reversed without any smile, so i was sure i am fail. But because of 1% hope i flip the page & found

Congratulations !!!!!! i am surprised to see & again asked TA whether i am really pass or fail though it was telling that i passed.

I will really thankful to my wife for continuous support & my mentor & some colleagues for giving good advice.

Now to endorsement but i haven't got any mail from (ISC)2 regarding detailed procedure. Can anybody tell me in how many days the mail comes from (ISC)2. ???

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, welcome to the club :D my endorsement time took ~a month, and then the certification arrived by mail one and a half to two months later.
  • niceniksniceniks Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only received the physical paper saying Congratulation!!!! In this paper it was told that i will get a detailed mail regarding endorsement from (ISC)2. But i haven't got any mail. can anybody tell in how many days this detail procedure mail comes from (ISC)2 regarding congrats & what is the procedure for endorsement.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on passing
  • Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    niceniks wrote: »
    I only received the physical paper saying Congratulation!!!! In this paper it was told that i will get a detailed mail regarding endorsement from (ISC)2. But i haven't got any mail. can anybody tell in how many days this detail procedure mail comes from (ISC)2 regarding congrats & what is the procedure for endorsement.

Congratulations on passing CISSP. In the next 24 hrs you will receive an email from ISC2 with a content similar to your printed letter and instructions for getting endorsement etc.
  • dctgibsondctgibson Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you....wishing you the best.
  • shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrts..

which materials you followed?

Thanks
    Shamim
    I used
    1. Shon harris AIO 6th edition
    2. Eric conard 11th hour
    3. SANS audio
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif...Welcome to the elite club.
    Remember this is just the beginning.

You have a lot to explore, acquire and gain,
    And help others as you were helped.

Wishing you all the best.
    yes sir i know its begining only, i will do more sir & make you proud.

Guys any idea what i have to do now?? which certification should be done next ??
  • dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    Congrats!
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
    guys can anybody tell me which certification i should go now ??
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    niceniks wrote: »
    guys can anybody tell me which certification i should go now ??
    You would be the best person to answer that for yourself.. what are your interests/ background/aspirations?