Passed: CLO-001 CompTIA Cloud Essentials

GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed CLO-001 CompTIA Cloud Essentials today.

I hope the following observations helps out others:

-Don't let others fool you that this is a "beginners certification", or an "easy certification". It's not.
-This certification is geared more for I.T. project management vice Technical.
-CompTIA Cloud+ is the next certification to look at, and more on the technical side from what I have seen.
-If you are studying ITIL for a certification, I strongly recommend taking this as well, either before or after.
-Even though every test is different, make sure that you know the ITIL - The Service Lifecycle.
-I studied "Logical Operations" CompTIA CLoud Essentials book and also "Sybex" Cloud Essentials: CompTIA Authorized Courseware for Exam CLO-001
- I also took the free Cloud Essentials test on Quizlet dot com.
- Know the cloud platforms SaaS, PaaS and IaaS and other tech specs, but again do not forget the ITIL material.
End game: I really learned a lot more in regards to cloud computing and I strongly feel this is worth taking, but again.. just remember it is not just technical, but project management as well.

Good Luck to all. - Geelo
Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)

Comments

• ITSecurity1ITSecurity1 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, to add on to what GeeLo provided which I thought was spot on. It is not an "easy certification" which is actually more relative then anything and is also based on your experience\exposure to the subject. It is more of a management level certification than and in-depth technical certification. The Cloud Essentials focuses on the decision making process of going to the cloud, vendor selection, risk factors and HEAVY ITIL for some reason but it does apply. From a managers perspective it gives you the foundation to make decisions, while understand the terminology of Cloud Computing. It is also heavy on Scenarios and situations, the "How would you handle" or "What would you do first". oh and yes I did pass the exam. lol I believe the ITILv3 Cert and the Cloud Essentials Cert is a nice pairing since there was so much ITIL on the Essentials exam. If I were walking into the Essentials Cert with no ITIL knowledge it could be a bit overwhelming.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to you both :D
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Awesome, looks like a great cert to go after. I heard it is not to be taken lightly
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Awesome, looks like a great cert to go after. I heard it is not to be taken lightly

I think anything "cloud" is really good since many companies, especially SMBs, are still in their infancy stage with migration to virtualized environments. They are looking for cloud certified individuals (sometimes vendor-neutral) because they were burned last year by just resume experience. I can't speak for Cloud Essentials but Cloud+ was no cakewalk - I rank the difficulty right below the CASP which I failed.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • AiR001AiR001 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Geelo, can you recall a question for example to do with Virtualization of Databases?
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!