Options

Timing of the test

yhe024yhe024 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do test takers use full 4 hours for the exam? If not, how many hours have you used?
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Friend of mine just took the cism and used all 4 hours. just enough time to finish.
  • Options
    amnesiaamnesia Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In the recent CISM test, I took, we had people finish in one hour. I used the close to the 4-hour mark. I double checked my work which was a good hour or so of review. I knew it was time to stop when I started triple checking and then began to talk myself into different answers.
  • Options
    DolphDolph Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took just over 3 hours for CISM, I neither rushed or took my time. My strategy was to go through each question only once and answer it before moving on. I then checked that I had in fact answered all 200 questions (!) and put my pencil down and exited the room. Double/triple checking answers is a sure fire way of raising doubt in yourself and 'correcting' already correct answers.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Agree with Dolph, I did the CISA in December and took about 2 hours, I break the questions in to groups and go through once and mark on the question sheet, then transfer to the answer sheet once I have answered all of that block, then move on to next block of questions. I don't double check it just adds doubt.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I normally take 2-3hours , its all depend on how many breaks I need (I try to time it to 40-50Q before I go out and wash my face to refresh).

taking 4 hours is something I wouldn't do. for me its either you know the answer or try to guess it (education guess). most of these exams depend on your time management anyway and how many tricks your brain play on you.

read more , practice more , question the concepts until you know the reasons behind them. and good luck icon_study.gif
  • Options
    yhe024yhe024 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys! I am gonna take the CISA exam.