CISSP or CISSP concentration

mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
why and why not choosing CISSP /CISSP concentration?

Is there a difference in the materials you study as i studied ( CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional ) for james Miche stewart,4th edition

i am 7+ years experience ,PKI security administrator,CEH Certified

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Don't know over there in Egypt, but here in the US the cert is extremely popular and helps you pass through the HR drones. Seeing how CISSP is either required or recommended in many job opportunities, it has a lot of value in my book.

Although many things still apply, that book is EXTREMELY OLD. I wouldn't use it as my primary source. The 6th edition is pretty updated and a safer bet. The golden standards are the AIO, the OIG, and the Conrad books. Can't go wrong with those.
  • mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your help , i will try to get those books even if online .

i Really want to understand why most of jobs require CISSP not CISSP concentration also the number of the CISSP holders is greater than the CISSP concentration ....i really confused which one to take :)
  • AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    CISSP is the base exam, you have to take it first.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yeah, sounds like the OP is confused. All concentrations require the regular CISSP as the base. This is no different than Microsoft, Cisco, and other cert vendors. You'll see more people certified MCP vs. MCSA, or CCNA vs. CCIE just because not everyone has the need to go past the foundation layer.

Short story, go for CISSP, reevaluate the concentration later on.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Bragging rights? Seriously, unless your a consultant or enjoy self mutilation by exam - why bother with a concentration? I have meet one other in real life. Amazingly I am, in some profound way, sure we both put our pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

- beads
  • mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OHHHH, i Finally get the point .i wasn't know that CISSP is the base for CISSP Concentration.i was thinking that i have to choose one of them :)

Thanks ,i really appreciate your help

Mahynour
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @beads I suspect that the concentrations are picked up strictly for self-marketing and employment efforts, to give an edge against a sea of other CISSPs.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed