Checkpoint Firewalls and GNS3

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can GNS3 simulate Checkpoint Firewalls and their configuration? I see jobs that require this, and I was wondering if I could learn how to configure it better with GNS3, or if it's even possible to do on this? If it can't be, what's the alternative? Buying a real firewall with Checkpoint on it?

Comments

• The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    I too am interested in this answer... Recently applied for a position which wanted Checkpoint Firewall experience. I don't believe this product to be too different from the other firewall products out there, but it helps when one can say that one worked on the real thing.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I see that CBT Nuggets has a video series out on Checkpoint in case no simulation exists for it.

CBT Nuggets - Check Point CCSA GAiA 156-215.76: Check Point Fundamentals
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Cool. Thanks! I'll have to check it out once I get done with my current studies.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You would do much better to use VMware workstation to simulate Check Point. I have training to help you do so too! Pm me and I will give you a week of free training from PluralSight. Also if you have any questions on Check Point, Cisco etc I don't mind.

Pluralsight
    Press RETURN to get started

:roll:
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I'll get with you this weekend.
  • lsp2310lsp2310 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes we can load the CheckPoint in GNS3 along with the SmartConsole Application but this would last for only 15 days trial period, after 15 days you have to reinstall the GAIA and call it again in GNS3. 15 days window is more than enough to test anything is it?

Please let me know if you need any more information related to it.
  • SamashimSamashim Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How to deploy Smartconsole in GNS3. Please suggest.