Options

SRND for Remote Site (VPN, Broadband)

moreland11moreland11 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there an SRND for remote sites specifically dealing with small offices with less than a dozen phones and a VG204 registered to through a site to site vpn? We are having some issues with dropped calls and phone re registering. We have multiple small sites like this with our PSTN connecting at a central site.

Thanks for the input!

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From memory they don't get that specific as to actual hardware, but do supply a lot of good information & config detail.

Design Zone for Branch/WAN - Design Guides - Cisco

So that level of design, you may have to use a number of guides, as well as hardware/technology specific guides.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I guess the SRND will help you with best practices. However with broadband you are getting best effort when it comes to those technologies. Phones re-registering are usually a sign on network problems as well as dropped calls.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    Awesome. I'd like to an in-depth review of these sites for the full network path. It's a good learning experience and provide some experience for future deployments.
  • Options
    I understand the drawbacks of broadband but we are having this issue at multiple sites with internet multiple vendors. I was hoping I would find an issue with our configuration or design. Is the only other option to route calls out a set of copper lines locally with FXO cards?
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    No you can use the internet, but we aware of the service with your provider. One thing you may want to do consider a DMVPN. This wont improve performance of your network, but it will make management much easier.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related