Options

Could anyone help me understand ISACA membership?

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm looking into the Cobit Foundation exam, and plan to tackle the CISA, CISM, GRISC, and CGEIT, but currently I just want the Cobit foundation certification. Could anyone provide me information about the ISACA signup, as I understand it, I need to book the Cobit foundation exam through ISACA, is this correct? Do I have to pay the $100+ membership fee just to be able to write the Cobit 5 Foundation (which I assume will be even more).

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Your best bet is to contact ISACA... there aren't a whole lot of members here, and the website doesn't seem to indicate that there is a foundation exam (unless I am looking in the wrong place.)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    I'd be interested in hearing what you find out, please post what you dig up.
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am a member, I found this for you on their site:

Note: candidates are permitted to self-study for the COBIT 5 Foundation exam. ISACA does suggest that potential candidates first take the Foundation Course to help them successfully prepare for the Foundation Exam.
    For additional information please view Exam Information or contact cobittraining@isaca.org.

Best bet is to contact them directly. If you are a student currently taking 12 or more credits you can get a student membership for $25 for one year.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently wrote the CISA exam. For the exam, the situation was somewhat like this:

CISA Examination Fee (Non Members) = $600
    ISACA Membership Fee - $180
    CISA Examination Fee (Members) = $420

In my case, if I did go for the exam registration, without the ISACA membership, it would have cost me $600. However, when I paid the membership fee and then registered for the exam, it costed me $600. If it's your first ISACA certification, I would suggest you go for the membership, since you get a few perks for it. Things like seminar invites, job postings, ISACA Journals etc.

Note: The financials could be inaccurate but, the scenario was the same.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    @Profezzor

How hard did you find the CISA compared to CISSP?
    Also what did you use to prepare?

I've joined ISACA and was pondering taking CISA next.

ISACA looks like a bigger racket then ISC2.
    They charge for membership, taking the test, the book, the test question pool, the extra test question pool. etc, etc etc