Endorsement

ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently studying towards CISSP and have some questions about the endorsement process.

How long after you pass the exam do you get to complete the documents for endorsement?

I currently don't know or work with anyone CISSP certified so will have to get ISC2 to do it. If they don't accept my experience and degree/masters do you automatically become an Associate?

Thanks.

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After you pass, i believe you have 9 months to apply for associate or full CISSP. If you are unsure if your experience will be accepted, map out the CISSP domains to which your experience matches in the CV you submit this way it will be a bit clearer. good luck mate.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I should be fine with using my experience as wont be taking the test for a good few months.
    I'm going through the CISSP Application Endorsement Assistance Form.
    What is required to fulfil this: "Proof of this job/position is attached"

Thanks.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Archon wrote: »
    I'm going through the CISSP Application Endorsement Assistance Form.
    What is required to fulfil this: "Proof of this job/position is attached"

Thanks.

To fulfill that requirement after you have checked markee the appropriate check boxes all you have to do is attach a copy of your resume that corresponds directly to the job title and the domains you checked in the boxes.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    To fulfill that requirement after you have checked markee the appropriate check boxes all you have to do is attach a copy of your resume that corresponds directly to the job title and the domains you checked in the boxes.

Great thanks.
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    I am not sure if your resume will count as proof, when I did my endorsement the ISC2 advised to send a letter (COMPANY LETTER HEAD) confirming dates of employment and job title from each employer covered within my experience.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
    The form includes name, telephone number and email address of your supervisor/HR at each role. Do they get contacted during the endorsement process to confirm your role?
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Mine weren't, but they may do for some applications. It may depend on the detail provided if they require further clarification.

So making your designated contacts aware they may be contacted is a must
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP