New Format Question?

zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I heard that the exam is changing in April. My wife is planning on taking it. How much different do you guys expect the exam to be?Should she buckle down and get it done soon or study at a regular pace and test this summer?

My primary study source was that AIO 6th Edition about two years ago. Will that work for the new format too?

Comments

• kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Biggest question is has she started to study for it?
  • zcamerozcamero Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah she has been studying for it off and on. She actually took it and failed with a 688 a year ago and got discouraged.
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    From the ISC2 website it looks like some of the domains have changed. I noticed this too and decided to buckle down and take it next month before the change happens.
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Yep, I'm with ZC. I scheduled mines for April, just before the change. My studying is going well though, so I may move the date up.
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Use CCCure, Transcender, and get a copy of the AIO total tester engine. Schedule it for before the change. She can do it!
  • sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The exam changes for English Language from April 15, 2015. For other languages it is staggered from May 15, 2015 to July 1, 2015.
    I reviewed the two exam outlines and did not find much difference.
    Having said that it is better the faster she gives the exam, instead of studying the the summer.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So what if some of the formatting of the questions have changed. You've seen questions like these before by now, haven't you? Algebra questions hidden in the form of word problem are still just algebra questions both at the end of the day and during the length of the test. ISC2 is changing some questions not the underlying security fundamentals. So? - beads
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seems to be more of reshuffling and re arranging of the domains and topics.

As long as the basics are learnt properly and understood,
    The change in format or domains should not matter.

All the best anyways.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what i've read and understood about the "new" exam seems as if only the label on the outside has changed but all the contents on the inside remain the same.