70-680 - I passed!

m0lokom0loko Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took it a few days ago and scored 739. I would've liked to score better, but I will take it. I read the Self-Paced Training Kit book a couple of times and watched Messer's vids as I went through each chapter. I didn't lab much to prepare, but intend to now for myself. This was my first MS exam. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be! Good luck to people planning to sit.:)

Comments

• Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
    Congrats! How long did you study?
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats! Professor Messer's videos are a great resource for this exam.
  • edgar2387edgar2387 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!icon_cheers.gif
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, that exam kicked my butt.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! I am studying for this right now and plan on sitting in about 30 days. I just recently finished the client/server AD track in school and have been labbing at home using practice questions from MeasureUp and TechNet articles, digging deeper into stuff I don't understand. CA is the biggest issue on this test for me. Also some of the command-line stuff that I have just never used.

I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post. Looking forward to benefiting from the experts here.

Edit: Too early, I'll be sitting for the 70-640.
  • MLBAMLBA Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • verbhertzverbhertz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm going through the Don't Poulton book currently. On chapter 5 - Deploying Windows 7 - and I feel completely overwhelmed. Seems like there is a LOT of ground covered with nothing explained (besides about 100 technet links for more information). Any advice or should I keep reading and it'll all make sense later? I do plan on labbing with 2008r2 with WDS setup at some point.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey! Belated congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MLBA wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Make sure you check out the Professor Messer videos and the iTFreeTraining ones, should deconstruct things for you a lot better.
  • DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    verbhertz wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm going through the Don't Poulton book currently. On chapter 5 - Deploying Windows 7 - and I feel completely overwhelmed. Seems like there is a LOT of ground covered with nothing explained (besides about 100 technet links for more information). Any advice or should I keep reading and it'll all make sense later? I do plan on labbing with 2008r2 with WDS setup at some point.

Make sure you check out the Professor Messer videos and the iTFreeTraining ones, should deconstruct things for you a lot better.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NoMar02NoMar02 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm planning to take it on 10th march icon_thumright.gif It will be my first IT related exam ever.
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□