Options

Passed MTA 98-365

fadisfadis Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I passed MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals,

I used CBTNugget course made by James Conrad to study which was NOT a good source in order to pass the exam, many questions were outside the course scope even though it teaches you many things about Windows Server but in order to pass you should have something like 6 months of experience using windows server.

If anyone wanted to know any details about feel free to ask :)

Preparing for the exam took me less than a week (just a rest of hard studying while preparing for my CCNP routing exam :P) :D

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the MTA exam! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with the CCNP.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    obaid.abbasiobaid.abbasi Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro icon_thumright.gif and gud luck with your CCNP exam

As you said CBT Nuggets is not enough to pass the exam, where else shall we prepare for exam?
    6 months of experience on server is quite a time lol
  • Options
    Thanks guys,

Obaid, I saw a good book last couple days that is "Windows Server Administration Fundamentals, Exam 98-365" by John Wiley (not sure about that)
    It has a good amount of information needed for the exam

and by the way I had 42 question most of them had 3 sub question inside (for example a figure with 3 true/false question about it)
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have passed Network+ and Linux Essentials, and am wondering how the 98-365 exam compares? Or if you found the exam tough?
  • Options
    Tmcg, I haven't took any Comptia exam so I don't really know.
    The exam was not hard but I Would consider it as an exam for your actual hands on with windows server 2008
    I had 42 question most of them had more sub questions inside them (a figure with 3 multi choices or true and false questions) most of them were very specific in details.

good luck :D
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Thanks appreciate it