CISSP Cert Number and Post NoM

dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm not sure if this was already discussed here as i did a search but came up empty. Is it a common practice to put CISSP certification number on Resume/CV? also whats the consensus here regarding using the CISSP post-nominal on a CV. Ive updated my CV with CISSP post-nom not sure what it is but it looks a bit weird. I'm considering removing it. any thoughts?

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just list the certification, but I bring a photo copy of the actual Cert to interviews in case they ask for proof, and I also have the laminated card in my wallet.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I put all of the information necessary to verify my most important certs on my resume. This information is not intended to be kept private.
  • sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where are you based?
    I am from the US and I have never provided any details more than the name of the certification.
    The verification of certifications, education and experience is done only after you accept the offer.
    Hope this helps.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm located in the UK.. I think i will just leave off the cert number. If the first thing an employer wants to do is verify a cert, then maybe thats not the place I should be working.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Like JDMurray, I list the numbers for my top-shelf certs. In most larger orgs at least, whoever is reviewing your resume will know how to validate your cert. I am pretty sure a lot of places do this as part of a weeding out of candidates.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, I always verify the certs before having a candidate in for the first round interview. It's too easy for a candidate to say he has the certs and then try to BS his way through the interview. I would hope that any place I would choose to interview would do the same to me. Doing so helps ensure quality and integrity of the hiring process.