CCNP Collaboration

Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
So the news is finally out...

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/ccna-ccnp-collaboration

No more CCNA Voice, no more CCNP Voice but Collaboration instead.

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    So the news is finally out...

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/ccna-ccnp-collaboration

No more CCNA Voice, no more CCNP Voice but Collaboration instead.

Hmmm...glad to see it finally out in the open. CCNA Voice seems to be retiring on the 14th of August...however, CCNP Voice's deadline is yet to be announced..moreover they've slimmed it down to 4 exams...and it doesn't seem like there's anymore QoS in them.. anyway, back to the drawing board.

Update: CCNP Voice exams are set to Q4 for last-day testing: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp_voice/index.html
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    If you can do CCNP Voice by the end of the year then do it, you can then just take the CIPT2 equivalent CCNP Collab exam and then you get CCNP Collab as well.
    If you can do CCNP Voice by the end of the year then do it, you can then just take the CIPT2 equivalent CCNP Collab exam and then you get CCNP Collab as well.

Agreed. I've tried the Exam Migration tool (CCNP Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems) seems they won't bump existing CCNP Voice certs (this means you passed all existing 5 exams) up to Collab unless you take the CIPTV2 course...they'll either have to recognize them both for a while or forget the NP Voice people entirely...if they choose the last option, they might upset a lot of people.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    I think the best option (if you are a current CCNP Voice) would be to sit the CIPTV2 exam when you need to re-certify your existing certs. That way you'll keep your current CCNP as well as gaining the CCNP Collaboration. The CCNP Voice will still be a sought after cert for a long time to come and will still be recognized in the same way the old CCIE certs are, CCIE Storage Networking for example.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like that they slimmed the CCNP down to 4 exams, but the CCNA is now 2 exams (basically CCNA Video). No big deal as I plan to complete CCNA: Voice well before the cutoff (maybe even knock out a CCNP: V exam or two). If they go to ISR G2s for the new exams that could be a problem as the "UC License" costs as much as the router, which would make it quite expensive to do Collaboration.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    It looks like they're dropping CVOICE and it (and CIPT2) won't count towards the new certification.

CIPT1 --> CIPTv1
    CIPT2 --> CIPTv2
    CAPPS --> CAPPS
    TVOICE --> CTCOLLAB

I had originally planned to knock out CVOICE first, so it looks like I should probably do CIPT1 instead.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Great news!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Excellent, I'll be sitting for CIPTV2 as soon as I can get ahold of the book/topics to refresh what I need to know.
    I need to make sure I can bang out the CCNP Voice by the time they stop doing it, I've got ICOMM booked for the beginning of next month so can start on the CCNP Voice straight after that. I think I will probably start with CIPT1/2 first, then CVOICE, CAPPS and TVOICE. Although they haven't set a last day to test date yet I'd imagine it will be either November/December so I think providing I put the required work in I can have the CCNP Voice finished by that point. Get CIPTV2 done after that and I'll be able to get CCNP Voice and Collaboration icon_cheers.gif.

That's the plan, now I just have to make it work!
    I need to make sure I can bang out the CCNP Voice by the time they stop doing it, I've got ICOMM booked for the beginning of next month so can start on the CCNP Voice straight after that. I think I will probably start with CIPT1/2 first, then CVOICE, CAPPS and TVOICE. Although they haven't set a last day to test date yet I'd imagine it will be either November/December so I think providing I put the required work in I can have the CCNP Voice finished by that point. Get CIPTV2 done after that and I'll be able to get CCNP Voice and Collaboration icon_cheers.gif.

That's the plan, now I just have to make it work!

That seems to be a very sustainable plan actually. Doing CIPT1/CIPT2 after ICOMM is sure going to help a lot as the CUCM/Unity/CUPS stuff will be fresh for you. CVOICE is another beast on its own so either way it'll feel like it's a bit disconnected from all the server-centric stuff. I don't see any reason why you couldn't tackle this until Nov. especially if you're exposed to the stuff on a daily basis.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • lisandroqlisandroq Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone knows if after having the ccnp voice and taking the ciptv2 exam we would hold both certifications or just a migration from voice to collaboration (replacement) as it happened with ccie voice that making the written you migrate but you won't get both???
    If is just a migration it's not really good changing a 5 exam cert with qos knowledge for a 4 exam exam with video knowledge..
    lisandroq wrote: »
    Does anyone knows if after having the ccnp voice and taking the ciptv2 exam we would hold both certifications or just a migration from voice to collaboration (replacement) as it happened with ccie voice that making the written you migrate but you won't get both???
    If is just a migration it's not really good changing a 5 exam cert with qos knowledge for a 4 exam exam with video knowledge..

As far as I am aware you would have both, I presume they can't take your CCNP Voice off you even though it will be retired. So by doing the additional cert you'd be gaining CCNP Collaboration, not losing CCNP Voice (if that makes sense?).

Could be wrong but I'm sure that is how it works.
    I just noticed that the CCNP: Collaboration exams require "A Valid CCNA: Collaboration", so it looks like you would also need either CIVND or VIVND on top of CIPTv2 to get CCNP: Collaboration. I wish they would go the CCIP route where if you'd taken at least 1 P Level exam for the old cert, they would let you get the new cert without the NA.
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I just noticed that the CCNP: Collaboration exams require "A Valid CCNA: Collaboration", so it looks like you would also need either CIVND or VIVND on top of CIPTv2 to get CCNP: Collaboration.

Well yes, that's going to be the case if you're starting fresh..however, i think you can get away with it if you have a valid CCNP Voice (as mentioned above) and take CIPTV2..that way you'll get your CCNP Collaboration ...not sure if the CCNA Voice will get the bump as well but hey... a CCNP outweighs a CCNA don't it ?:)
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Well yes, that's going to be the case if you're starting fresh..however, i think you can get away with it if you have a valid CCNP Voice (as mentioned above) and take CIPTV2..that way you'll get your CCNP Collaboration ...not sure if the CCNA Voice will get the bump as well but hey... a CCNP outweighs a CCNA don't it ?:)

I would imagine each piece of paper weighs about the same amount ;)
    ande0255 wrote: »
    I would imagine each piece of paper weighs about the same amount ;)

can't argue with that :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    can't argue with that :D

Haha right? :) Seems Collab would be more "up to date" with the times as they say . Now to think about what video end points to get for the lab :) oi
    JeanM wrote: »
    Haha right? :) Seems Collab would be more "up to date" with the times as they say . Now to think about what video end points to get for the lab :) oi

Cisco ip phone 9971 and jabber for now that is also all you require for ccie collaboration.
    As far as I know No TelePresence, MCUs, WebEx, VCS-C / VCS-E Expressway present on blueprints
    That looks to be the case, not sure how current it is?
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20806

There is a mention of jabber video and telepresence, but not exactly sure what that entails.
    • Cisco Jabber Video for Cisco Telepresence*
    *In backbone, no candidate configuration required
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    interesting step from Cisco. It was expected since they released CCIE Collab.
    JeanM wrote: »
    That looks to be the case, not sure how current it is?
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20806

There is a mention of jabber video and telepresence, but not exactly sure what that entails.
    • Cisco Jabber Video for Cisco Telepresence*
    *In backbone, no candidate configuration required

I have read and talk some guys that get the ccie collab and some articles from Mark Snow (INE) and not much is requered..about the legend *In backbone, no candidate configuration required

From INE
    (Note: VCS is present in the backbone only – and all the hard work is on the VCS and out of the control of the student). So then you think to yourself, “… well Jabber, Jabber must be in the blueprints at least!” – and it is in the blueprint … and from looking at the written and lab blueprint we can clearly see that it’s worth a whopping 6% in the written and 8% in the lab.

So I guess jabber only configuration on client..
    Nice! There might be a lot of configuration involved on the CUCM/IM&P side of things outside of VCS too right?
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Interesting - I took the older curriculum for CCNP:Voice. I'm assuming I can just take CIPTv2.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    pitviper wrote: »
    Interesting - I took the older curriculum for CCNP:Voice. I'm assuming I can just take CIPTv2.
    Yeap, that would be the way to go :D
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    Yes I am actually considering sneaking in the second exam for CCNA : Collab after security before I start my CCNP R/S stuff, I will have to check out the materials to see if it's something I can get into.

You might find that you have to do CCNA Collaboration first. Not 100% sure seeing as you already hold a CCNP Voice but it is a prerequisite for CCNP Collab.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, it's not very clear.

The video push is causing me to lose interest in voice in general - For what it costs to implement, it's driving people away from Cisco voice/video in the masses.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    Yeah, it's not very clear.

The video push is causing me to lose interest in voice in general - For what it costs to implement, it's driving people away from Cisco voice/video in the masses.
    That's exactly my thoughts as well..not very into video and honestly I can't really think of any customers o know which went for UC/IPT (Cisco or other vendors) that went bananas over video..heck..most of the times I tried getting end users into doing video calls, they wouldn't have ..like they were shy so overall reluctant to go "live". Good to hear I'm not the only one feeling this way
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    I am actually very surprised by the move to aggressively cram video down voice candidates throats as well. I think I posted it somewhere, but I think CCNP Voice and CCNP Video should be two separate tracks, and if you obtain both you get to claim the CCNP Collaboration title.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    getting CCNP Voice and Video is a lot of work to have the collaboration title. I think it depends on where you work and your market. My former employer Video was HUGE. It got so large one of the voice teams had to swap people around and add a AV group just to handle the demand. I've done about 3-4 video installs myself they are pretty easy. The equipment cost is whats killer.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related