Options

CISA and CISSP holders

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
The VP of Info Sec saw me studying for CISSP and mentioned that I should go for CISA immediately after since there is an overlap in the material. He holds both certs and so does the CISO so of course now I want both as well :D. Plus, almost every job that I see that wants CISSP also mentions CISA.

- For those of you that have achieved both, how similar did you find the material?

- What materials did you use to prepare?

- If you got the CISSP first, how much time did it take you to prepare for the CISA?

If I pass the CISSP in March, I'm considering going for CISA in June.
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    While there is some overlap, there is an awful lot more with the CISM, and if you meet the requirements for CISSP, they are essentially the same for CISM... CISA is not as aligned, in the domains or experience requirements.

The flip side is that CISM doesn't really provide more value than the CISSP does, and there's only a nominal benefit in having both. JMO
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the info!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS