5 Ways To Improve Your CISSP Exam Score Without Studying

sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
5 Ways To Improve Your CISSP Exam Score Without Studying

#5 – Get Proper Sleep: You will be able to recall facts and concentrate the two traits required for the CISSP exam when you have a good sleep the night before.

#4 – Prepare Early: To perform well on the CISSP exam prepare early instead of trying to cram information at the last minute. You will feel well prepared and will be in a better frame of mind much needed for the exam.

#3 – Pace Yourself: The CISSP exam is a six hour exam with 250 questions. At the end of the first hour based on the number of answered you have completed adjust your pace. You may need to speed up or slow down. Doing this early on with assure you that you will complete the exam on time without rushing.

#2 – Take a Break: The clock for the exam will continue and there is no break. However, you need to schedule at least one 5 minute break to energize your brain and use the rest room. Have a little snack. This will help you focus better on the task ahead instead of continuing non-stop for six hours.

#1 – Change Your Answers: If you are changing your answer because you can’t make up your mind, don’t do it. If after reflecting on the original answer you decide to change it, go ahead.

A study by Ludy T. Benjamin, et. al., 1984 shows that about 57% to 96% of students change their answers with the following results:

Changing from a wrong answer to a right one – 57.8%

Changing from a right answer to a wrong one – 20.2%

Changing from a wrong answer to a wrong answer – 22.8%

I wish you all the best with your CISSP exam. Let me know what has worked for you.

Comments

• Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Thanks for sharing this. I found #1 to be the most interesting. I've always wondered what the statistics were related to the changing of answers. This is the first time I've seen any data on it.

Only concern I have is there isn't much correlation between the 1984 study and the 2015 CISSP exam. Would love to see the statistics the ISC2 keeps on changes. That would really tell us if it's worth changing answers or not.
  • sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Spin Lock.
    Hope we can get some data from (ISC)2 as this will be helpful to all.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sponge2 wrote: »
    Thanks Spin Lock.
    Hope we can get some data from (ISC)2 as this will be helpful to all.
    I strongly doubt ISC will provide such data.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you have had a good meal and are well hydrated before the exam.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Start early is good, you have time assimilate the info, like I said, you get a click with the info after several weeks studying.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• magician300magician300 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    #2 IMO is super important. I made myself take a 5-10 minute break every hour to use the restroom, stretch and give my mind a break. It really helps out a lot and keeps you focused on the big picture.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    #4 "prepare early" is a big one.

I took the advice from others on here and closed the books the day before the test.
    Took a day to rest and relax before the morning of the 6 hour marathon.
  • Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
    I read a study somewhere that Men are more likely to change a right answer to a wrong answer and Women are more likely to change a wrong answer to a right one. I changed about 10 of my flagged answers of course I will never know if I made the right choice but I passed so that's all that matters.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I slept about 2 hours the night/morning before, took about 90 minutes on the exam, took a single 5 minute break, and only changed 1 answer because another question about 20 later helped to answer (I didn't review all of my answers). With all that, I felt the test was easy, heh.

I will agree with you in regards to preparing way beforehand. I never studied for anything that frequent and intently and I'm sure that's why it didn't seem too difficult.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
    jvrlopez,
    Thanks for sharing your experience. There will never be a right or wrong way and there are things that work for us that might not for others.
    I agree with you that preparing ahead helps always.
    Robertf969,
    That is an interesting study.
  • shamim.secshamim.sec Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrts ....
    thanks for your tips.