Have any one faced the audit notice before

mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all,

It seems that My CEH exam has been put on auditing notice.i have just recieved this mail.
((((
In line with our ANSI 17024 exam policies, your exam has been marked for an audit. In order to finish your certification process, you are required to complete a Candidate Retesting Audit (CRA). The CRA is an additional examination that consists of 30 questions, you will have 60 minutes to complete this exam. In order to release your certification, you must pass the CRA with a score of at least 70.

Please note, you are required to complete the CRA within 30 days from the date of this notice. Failure to complete the CRA within that time frame will result in termination of the certification process and you will be required to retake the full examination at your expense.

Kindly inform us your exact location and we will contact the nearest ETC to proctor the exam for you.

Kindly also mention the name and location of the Testing center you have done your original exam at.)))

I have no problem to even retake it but i want to ask have any body face this before

Comments

• scats037scats037 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    let me know what happens
  • mahynourmahynour Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i got my exam 2 weeks ago and passed by a score of 95%.This was my second try for the exam >but fortunately most of the questions were the same as the first time.Yesterday i received a notice mail that my exam is audited and i have to retake CRA exam for 1 hour(30 question).and if i fail i will have one retry then cancellation of my certification.Actually in my country this field is very very rare and i can't get anyone's experience,I am asking if any one can help what will be this exam .is it multiple choice or written one .As i begin to feel upset as this course took 2 years from me as i begin my studding when it was version 7. and re update myself to version 8.So i am really upset icon_sad.gif
  • overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am sure if you have the time or the desire you'll find the post talking about this. I know I looked at it a while back. It has something to do with suspicion of cheating on the exam, so that is what the CRA is for. If you know the syllabus does it matter if its multiple choice or written? Probably not. Why are you so worried..icon_profileleft.gif. If you studied no matter what is on the CRA you'll pull off another 95% to 100% more or less. Moral of the story look for the post its around this forum somewhere...
    I already read the post you are talking about but it was since 2013.so i asked another time it there is any update.Yes, you are right it won't be a big problem taking another exam.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    My only concern would be if they just took the hardest questions and put them on the CRA. That wouldn't be very fair.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    i searched online several times about the reviews and most of people said it is impossible to pass by any meanicon_sad.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif.so i will try and whatever the result will be, i feel satisfied with myself that i didn't **** and i was having the same pool twice and my exam was cam audited.
  • Neo322Neo322 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got hit too...

I am going to test on March 2nd. I have to clear it with work...I am not worried just concerned with specific tool questions that I have never used.
  • overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am sure they would not give you 30 questions and make them easy questions. If that was the case, it wouldn't be a point in making you retest. But it would be hard to dispute the CRA or its questions because your definition of "hard" questions and someone else definition of the same exact questions might be "easy". So its kind of a loose loose situation for you. Looking at what both of you scored, I assume if you score above 90% you are just about guaranteed to retest. I think when someone scores high on the CEH Ec Council gets "suspicious" and the hairs raise like yeast rolls in the oven. Its like someone giving me a mathematics test, no matter how many questions they give me I am pretty sure I will score high. Same goes for the CEH exam, if you really really really know the syllabus no matter what they give you you should score high right? Ive had exams where I was like man, they really gave me questions on the topics I knew, they really looked out for me, then Ive had exams where I was like I am screwed. Goes back to the if you really really really know the syllabus or not
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got 90.4% and didn't have to take the Candidate Retesting Audit (CRA).
    i got my CRA notice after 2 weeks from the exam.they asked me about the place where i got the exam.and nothing happened after this ,still waiting for the date of the exam.

i know that if you really know the syllabus.you shouldn't be worry.but after searching on google all the people said it is not passable.so in the worst case if i failed i will retake the exam by the same questions for the third time and i have to act as i don't know the questions and get a low record to feel safe from the CRA !!!!
  • JummyJummy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mahynour wrote: »
    i got my CRA notice after 2 weeks from the exam.they asked me about the place where i got the exam.and nothing happened after this ,still waiting for the date of the exam.

i know that if you really know the syllabus.you shouldn't be worry.but after searching on google all the people said it is not passable.so in the worst case if i failed i will retake the exam by the same questions for the third time and i have to act as i don't know the questions and get a low record to feel safe from the CRA !!!!

Hello guys,

Just got my CRA notice too. Kindly clarify if i would be required to pay again for the exam retake if i fail the CRA exam.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Geez, where are you guys from? Did you all take the test at the same place or something?
  • JummyJummy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Geez, where are you guys from? Did you all take the test at the same place or something?

Lol...Well, Blame that on EC-Council for releasing **** questions.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Has anyone being audited said how long it took them to finish the test? I'm inclined to think the audit trigger is a function of a high score and short exam time.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think I finished that exam in about an hour, and got around a 85-90. I was not audited.
    Jummy wrote: »
    Lol...Well, Blame that on EC-Council for releasing **** questions.
    I'm confused. Did EC-Council actually publish braindumps?
    45 mins and got a 99, so the test put me in panic mode. Once I was in panic mode I couldn't slow down. I work better in a crisis, I don't second guess myself. Plus this test was easy.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Not to my knowledge, but they certainly haven't discouraged it, either - and I base that opinion on their willingness to take $$$ from anyone and everyone to take the test.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    I guess that explains these audits? I'm waiting for someone with more than 10 posts to say that they've been audited.
  • SevarrySevarry Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought he meant that they intentionally release incorrect **** questions on these brain **** websites. That would make sense to me.
    The drama continues, i got my congrats here is your cert email. Called US they said looks like your certified. 6 hours later i get an email from audit direct answering some of my questions. So i reply back with i got my cert....wait game now.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    But not to the **** sites, who would want accurate questions.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    The official answer is back my CRA email was a glitch.

Sorry for those who have to take it.
    Neo322,

have you recieved your congrates E-mail.and your Aspen is opened and your certification is appearing ??so you ask them about the official answer and they told you that it is a glitch.??

i am really confused ,icon_sad.gif
    That is what happened exactly, I show both my CEH and CHFI in Aspen.

Have they responded to you about scheduling your CRA?
    I recieved a clear certificate for the exam and the CEH logos,and my aspen account updated.

regarding the CRA exam i only recieved one E-MAil that my exam under audit but nothing else no exam date !!
    i aslo asked to update my mailing address and i got acceptance on updating my address!!
    Your a glitch too! To funny.
    Thanks so much
  • heat.xiztheat.xizt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @mahynour and @Neo322 thanks for the info of CRA; I got hit too by CRA they have asked my educational background and CV.

Can you guys plz tell me what did you replied ?

I don't like the way the email has come and more importantly after my portal has been updated and I got my electronic certificate by them

I just wish that it maybe a glitch for me as well coz I am so darn busy applying for my International studies and already joined online classes; that if they ask me to take CRA I won't be able to study, moreover I feel like a suspect by reading that email it hurt my feeling.

It sounds so stupid to me that if you score high you can not get cert, I scored 99.2% the thing is exam was easy and I was lucky too.
    I guessed almost 4 ans and all of them or atlest 3 of them are correct .

I really hate this audit, I really didn't **** but I am very nervous to reply them icon_cry.gif
  • heat.xiztheat.xizt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Neo322 wrote: »
    45 mins and got a 99, so the test put me in panic mode. Once I was in panic mode I couldn't slow down. I work better in a crisis, I don't second guess myself. Plus this test was easy.

Hello Neo322, I have a question for you it may be really helpful if you could ans this

I scored 99.2% on 11th of Feb in 2 hours and 7 mins

I have got an email of audit:

Subject: AUDIT AUDIT background Educational check

The first line mentioned as CRA and in the email they have asked me for my CV and educational background along with the training center name and the place I took the exam. Was this the same e-mail ?