Options

vSphere Client: Session Windows won't open....

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

So I'm sure some of you know what I mean when you have a open console to about 20 or some VM's and you minimize them and you come back to them in X amount of time and you click on them and they don't maximize. Has anyone ever found a trick or setting so they don't seem to get locked in minimized mode until you close the console and re-open it from vCenter?

Comments

• Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Do you mean the Window opens up, but it is just a blank screen? If so, I found it was the power setting for turning off the monitor that was preventing me from engaging my desktop again. Only happened on Win8 and Svr2012.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    kj0 wrote: »
    Do you mean the Window opens up, but it is just a blank screen? If so, I found it was the power setting for turning off the monitor that was preventing me from engaging my desktop again. Only happened on Win8 and Svr2012.

Sort of, like when you open up the vSphere Client and connect to vCenter and you open up a console of a VM and then you minimize the console. if you kept the console in the minimized screen for like 10 minutes lets say, when you hover over the vSphere in the task bar to select your console in question you click on it and it bings and just gets stuck in the task bar and won't maximize.

The only way to open the console is to hover over the console in question and press the red x and then re-open the console all over again.

it's not like a super, super big deal just bloody annoying...
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm surprised the vmware KB's weren't the first thing you checked x.x
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Priston wrote: »
    I'm surprised the vmware KB's weren't the first thing you checked x.x

Simplicity sometimes eludes me....