ITIL Expert ... Advantages ?

xpertitilxpertitil Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I finished foundation, SD, OSA
Pending PPO,SOA,MALC

My question is , is ITIL expert worth it in terms of salary increment ?

Comments

• xpertitilxpertitil Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    someone answer my question please
  • overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wait here be right back.... don't move
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi xpertitil

The short answer is it depends what job you hope to have in future. We've trained 100s of ITIL experts who have seen the value from the money and time they invested, but it's been linked to their career goals.

I always recommend people take a look at job listings for the types of jobs they want to have and see what certifications are required or desirable, and then shape their training from there.

Kind regards

Claire
    thanks claire ..

i have 7 points in intermediate stream already from SD,OSA

can i now do PPO,SOA or should i be worried about below paragraph which i found in my regular browsing ...

Watch Out! When Assessing you for the ITIL Expert award the accreditation authority will not accept credits which they consider to be "double counted" (those marked "Much Overlap" in the chart above are discouraged - and some combinations involving old Practitioner certificates are barred).

ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle & Capability Modules - Which Course?
    thanks claire

i already cleared SD,OSA

is this a valid combination SD,OSA,PPO,SOA
    or
    will axelos or ITIL guys reject saying there is too much overlapping content
    Hi xpertitil

Any combination of the exams is ok to become an expert, as long as you get enough credits. You won't be rejected if the subject areas overlap.

However, for your own development and career progression it might be wise to choose some areas where there isn't so much overlap - for example swapping out SOA for RCV will give you a broader ITIL education.

Kind regards

Claire
    thanks claire

can you give me a contact email id of your training company please , where i can get a quick response for my training requirements and if i feel that your training program suits my requirements .. ..
    Hi xpertitil

You can contact my organisation 24x7 at info@itiltrainingzone.com.

Kind regards

Claire
    And for info - you can see the official guidance re. overlap from the accreditor here: https://www.axelos.com/qualifications/itil/itil-credit-system

There are no routes to expert using the current qualification scheme with banned levels of overlap. Bans only apply to combinations of old V2 and new 2011 qualifications.

Claire