Passed 70-680

jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-680. Well over 700 score.
A couple areas I recall having trouble with on the exam were what steps required for the event subscription, as far as what's required to have setup.
Other area was trick type questions when it came to BranchCache questions and troubleshooting client connectivity.
I had 5 questions or so worded differently with the same answers to choose from.

I want to note that as well I had NO questions on subnetting. I'm pointing this out because every study material I used had me reviewing subnetting, and understanding some simple IPv6 concepts.

A large chunk of my study time was on subnetting because I wanted to understand it and become efficient at it, but to my surprise, it was not on my exam. Oh well, I guess it will serve me better when I go to take the Network+, CCNA and MCSA exams next. I took 70-410 for server 2012 a while back and failed, and I do recall a lot of subnetting and IPv6 questions on that, so I do need to continue studying that area if I want to move forward.

My study materials for 70-680 were:
  • book: Don Pulton 70-680 (over-kill reading cover to cover in my opinion)
  • MeasureUp 70-680 practice (the most helpful, but doesn't have many exam-like questions I had with exhibits, or drag and drop simulations with margin for error)
  • A few youtube videos from various uploaders (professor messer, freeittraining, misc searches on topics I had to brush up on)

Comments

• ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    Right on! Are you going towards the 685 or 686 next to complete the MCSA?
    :lol:
  • jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right on! Are you going towards the 685 or 686 next to complete the MCSA?

Yeah I actually didn't know what to do next and what 685 would grant. That's interesting it grants an MCSA.
    I guess I will be pursuing that one next.
    I wonder if 685 has the subnetting questions.

I'll definitely go for the MeasureUp study guide for the 685, but that's another $70!
    I think the 70-680 book I have will help again for the 685 if I focus on the new areas.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JR WriterJR Writer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jgq85 wrote: »
    I passed the 70-680. Well over 700 score.
    A couple areas I recall having trouble with on the exam were what steps required for the event subscription, as far as what's required to have setup.
    Other area was trick type questions when it came to BranchCache questions and troubleshooting client connectivity.
    I had 5 questions or so worded differently with the same answers to choose from.

I want to note that as well I had NO questions on subnetting. I'm pointing this out because every study material I used had me reviewing subnetting, and understanding some simple IPv6 concepts.

A large chunk of my study time was on subnetting because I wanted to understand it and become efficient at it, but to my surprise, it was not on my exam. Oh well, I guess it will serve me better when I go to take the Network+, CCNA and MCSA exams next. I took 70-410 for server 2012 a while back and failed, and I do recall a lot of subnetting and IPv6 questions on that, so I do need to continue studying that area if I want to move forward.

My study materials for 70-680 were:
    • book: Don Pulton 70-680 (over-kill reading cover to cover in my opinion)
    • MeasureUp 70-680 practice (the most helpful, but doesn't have many exam-like questions I had with exhibits, or drag and drop simulations with margin for error)
    • A few youtube videos from various uploaders (professor messer, freeittraining, misc searches on topics I had to brush up on)

Do you work in IT?
  • jgq85jgq85 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JR Writer wrote: »
    Do you work in IT?

I work in IT
  • joemc3joemc3 Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I passed 680 I had a lot of questions on networking. It threw me off a bit. I didn't think that I would get many on networking but I powered through.