Options

SSCP after WGU's Labsim for Sec+

techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
Currently studying Security+ at WGU and noticed the labsim is also for SSCP. Is paying to take the SSCP a week or two after passing the S+ worth it?

I've noticed the more complicated things in labsim fulfill the SSCP objectives and not the S+. Since I'm studying them both it might be best to take both close to each other if having the SSCP is much more important than S+ in the infosec field.

Does it still cost and extra $50 if the voucher is bought within 2 weeks of testing?
2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)

Comments

• Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the SSCP about 4 weeks after the Security+. I did the Security+ through WGU and used LabSim, then read the AIO book for the SSCP. It went smoothly for me. Don't know about the voucher though.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say it's certainly a great Idea to pursue the SSCP even with a Sec+ under your belt, A) there is overlaping materials, and B) those materials are still fresh in your mind. I'd go for it. Not sure about the voucher costs though.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know if I want to take 4 weeks off from wgu, was thinking 2 or less. Does the labsim cover enough information to pass the SSCP?

I found the N+ labsim didn't cover supernetting (classless subnetting) but still nearly aced it thanks to previous ccent studies.

If I switch back to the Security track and get the CCNA: R&S + Security is there still an advantage to SSCP? For those that have taken CCNA security is it more like Sec+ or CCNA?
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)