VCA-DCV as easy as it looks?

jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
From what I've seen on VMWare's website and their training page it seems like all you would need to study to pass this exam would be to study up on DCV Fundamentals course and I should be good. Or is there more to it than that? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    took me 40 minutes to literally glaze over the pdf from vmware before taking the exam....
  • MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude its not hard at all.. It took my helpdesk guys (no experience) two hours and they passed it.
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    note to self...sign up for this exam. lol
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's extremely easy, and can even slide you buy HR rep looking for "Someone with VMware certifications". That being said, it's not a cert/acronym that is going to actively be searched or pursued, so don't expect it to open doors to wonders and riches.

I took it with no prep and passed fine
  • jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great that was exactly what I'm looking for. I don't expect it to open doors but I do expect it to help me get familiar with the material and to be better prepped for taking VCP5-DCV
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    DCV is easier than other 2 exams .. passed at first try :)
    Cloud is the difficult for me . Failed 2 times &
    Workforce Mobility between DCV & Cloud

Maximum 2 hours of study will help u to pass this exam ..

But Still, It is VMWare Certification :D
    Many people thinks that VCA is something really big .. hehe ... :P
    This thread gave me the motivation to study for VCA-DCV. My prior experience is VMware workstation, thinapp, and vsphere. The course seems to be on the challenges of virtualization and how VMware has a product or solution for each of those challenges. The only major issue I have is that its taking ~2 business days to link my Pearson account to my VMware candidate ID...then I get to take the test. Now I have a question: I see 50-70% off VCP vouchers and codes (dreamspark). Are there any discounts for the VCA tests? $120 per VCA is kind of pricey.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    $120? That's cheap!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    VCAs are basically sales certs. They remind me of some "certs" symantec had through their partner program. Basically read the sales material and answer a few questions. $120 is a ridiculous price in my opinion. This should cost no more than $50.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree, I took all of the VCA's when they were free and honestly I wouldn't pay for them. They really are just certifications that say that you know what the sales brochures show you, anyone with any technical background would not hold them with any weight, possibly HR but I'm not sure it would get past them even.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
    gorebrush wrote: »
    $120? That's cheap!
    I agree with cyberguypr. The certs should be like $50-$75 each.

Oh well...I need to add some more stuff to my professional profile. VCA it is, then CEH, CHFI, then Pole Dancing and PMP. :)
  • SixtyCycleSixtyCycle Member Posts: 111
    This is my only cert and I took it when it was free. It was hard for me to pass the exam initially as I had zero experience at the time. I haven't even seen a server in my whole life nor worked on one and virtualization was alien to me. The cert got me my first IT job. It showed my employer who is a VMware partner that I was curious and went out of my way to know more about the stuff they use regularly. I'm now studying for the VCP exam scheduled at the end of the month.
  • jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pole Dancing = PDP? (Pole Dancing Professional) Or are you going for the Advanced track? Yeah ig i'll go for VCA but, like you, the more certs on ur resume the better right? As long as those certs aren't total garbage (I'm looking at you A+)
    I just took the VMware VCA-DCV with Pearson Vue. I have 2 years experience with VMware Workstation. I found the exam moderately difficult and not "super easy" as some of you said. All said, I studied and reviewed the free course about 5 hours total on and off. I got a score of 360. Passing score is 300. On my exam there were many questions on virtual networking which I was not really prepared for. Anyway, exam took about 30 minutes during my work lunch. I'm happy its over and will move toward VCA Networking, VCA Cloud and VCP-DCV.