Hyper v attempting to create VM 0x80070570 error

XenomeowXenomeow Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
So trying to build my lab to study for the 70-410 and Hyper v is giving me an 0x80070570 error everytime I try and install 2012r2 eval. I have tried redownloading the iso from technet about seven times now and everytime I get the same error. i have successfully created a VM using windows 8.1 but 2012r2 will not install. Kinda getting annoyed, was labbing with VMware and had no issues at all. But with the 70-410 requiring hyper v know how I did a fresh install on my lab of 2012r2 with hyper v role and have been having nothing but troubles. Seriously MS get your stuff together.

Comments

• VerrucktVerruckt Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    More details about the VM please?

What Generation?
    Fixed VHD? Dynamic?

Have you checked the hash of your iso to absolutely ensure it is correct?
  • XenomeowXenomeow Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok so its only happening when I install the data center edition on my bare metal. The standard works fine at creating new VM's. the problem being I am going to need a lot more VM's then the standard edition will allow me to have.
    Verruckt wrote: »
    More details about the VM please?

What Generation?
    Fixed VHD? Dynamic?

Have you checked the hash of your iso to absolutely ensure it is correct?

Gen 2 hardware, secure boot disabled.
    fixed 127gb vhd, 1024 mb ram.

I have not checked the hash file, but if all else fails I suppose I will.

just checked with m5checker, seems the checksum is correct
    The Standard / Datacenter difference doesn't stop you from actually running more than the edition allows - it's a licensing issue and not one of actual limitations. Nothing in the design will stop you from running 6 VMs on a Server 2012 R2 Standard host.

If you're running the trial / eval version on the host, and not a full blown licensed version, then I wouldn't worry about the licensing as you're technically just evaluating the product.

Disclaimer: Obviously if this were production I wouldn't advocate it.
    Only other things I can think of:
    ISO in a location / directory that Hyper-V doesn't have permission to.
    Your boot order isn't set right in Guest Settings.

Outside of that every time I've had it happen it's due to a corrupt ISO.
    Only other things I can think of:
    ISO in a location / directory that Hyper-V doesn't have permission to.
    Your boot order isn't set right in Guest Settings.

Outside of that every time I've had it happen it's due to a corrupt ISO.

ISO is located in the downloads folder, which was the same location I tried with the standard install. I may just switch over to the standard install if its only going to be licensing.

if it is a corrupt ISO, I am really going to have to doubt the technet eval center seeing that i have downloaded new ISO's each time.

so with only being able to license two vms on standard will this cause any issues with labbing IE will i still be able to run full updates and such?

Also of note, yes the bare metal is the eval version.
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    after googling a bit, it seems many people have problems with Microsoft ISOs, apparently there is a download manager you can try

I know it feels like beating a dead horse but it's worth a shot I guess

I've always downloaded ISOs by torrent, you can usually just search for an untouched ISO
    nster wrote: »
    after googling a bit, it seems many people have problems with Microsoft ISOs, apparently there is a download manager you can try

I know it feels like beating a dead horse but it's worth a shot I guess

I've always downloaded ISOs by torrent, you can usually just search for an untouched ISO

So looks like a corrupt ISO may have been the issue. Just tried a fresh DL from technet and it looks like it might work (or at least ti didnt crap out at 37% again)

Seriously MS get your stuff together, this is almosrt as silly as Native Instruments trying to implement anything on windows :P
    Re: the licensing and labbing IE - you can do everything you could do if it were Datacenter.

There is ZERO difference between the two. It's strictly a compliance thing.
    Re: the licensing and labbing IE - you can do everything you could do if it were Datacenter.

There is ZERO difference between the two. It's strictly a compliance thing.

Thanks for the info mate. I shall keep that in mind.
    All right, two working VM's later and it is for sure a corrupt ISO issue.
    Xenomeow wrote: »
    All right, two working VM's later and it is for sure a corrupt ISO issue.

icon_wink.gif Good ol' reliable MS download servers
    icon_wink.gif Good ol' reliable MS download servers

I had heard they can have issues, but this is the first time I have encountered them. Said it once I will say it again, get it together MS!