640-911 Passed!

HypersonikHypersonik Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the 640-911 yesterday after a bit of a nightmare trying to sit it!

Was due to sit my exam on Thursday 12th Feb, but had a call from the test centre 1.5 hours (Just before I was setting off) telling my that Pearson Vue was down. Turns out they were having a worldwide problem. Phoned them up and rescheduled for a different test centre (Because that on was shut the week after). Wednesday 18th comes around and I then get an email from Pearson Vue telling me that the test Centre, which they had selected for me, had lost its license!!

So I book in for Monday at, again, another test centre. Thanks to the delay this is the only chance I'll get to pass otherwise I'll lose my other certs through the time expiry....Hmmm. All water under the bridge now though, but quite a crap service from Pearson

Quite shocked as a lot of the questions simply didn't appear in the CBT nuggets or the Cisco press book. Absolutely nothing mentioned about 6000 and 9000 series lines. The book doesn't even mention 7000!

Fortunately I work with a lot of the kit on a daily basis, so I was able to piece together the answers well enough.

Having said all that, it was an easy exam and I was sick all the night before with manflu so didn't sleep!

Knowing the details of your product lines is important as is knowing the notations used for the NX-OS CLI - eg Conf (not conf t), 192.168.1.1/24 (Not 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 or wildcard).

In my opinion, it's a shame there are no sims especially since this is standalone from the CCNA:R&S.

I might as well crack on and do the other bit though.

If you have no experience on Nexus, this is a good exam for you to study towards.

Comments