Are there any simulations in the exam?

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
Are there any simulations in the exam? I'm familiar with the multiple choice, drag-n-drop, etc. questions already. I don't think answering this violates the NDA; not looking for specific information, just exam type questions.

Comments

• theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what I've heard, absolutely...and you need to know CCP (Cisco Configuration Professional).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lots. You will absolutely need to know your way around the CCP GUI.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Make CCP your best friend
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    The funny thing is, working in network security amongst many other things, I have never once in my life come across a customer we provide IT services for that we used CCP to troubleshoot or configure a device.

It is an absolute mockery to aspiring security professionals trying to get entry level jobs, to have them burning in all this useless CCP crap when ASDM and ASA's are 99.9% of companies Cisco edge devices.

Absolutely blows my mind, not that CCP isn't easy enough to navigate, but it just blows my mind this test has not even had an update announced.
  • z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm only learning CCP for this exam and I've never touched it before....so are there any CLI sims on the exam??
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I would be surprised if there were any CLI sims on the test, but I'd definitely be prepared to answer questions on snippets of CLI output, like ACL order and things of that nature. I haven't seen much CLI in the study materials I've looked at yet, so for them to go so far as having a SIM regarding CLI, I wouldn't expect it.