Options

Calling A/V guys - Need to select audio feed from Amino boxes

SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
Current setup: Amino boxes at every TV, with HDMI going to said TVs. Needed: The ability to select from three different TV's audio source to play on area speakers. The area, a bar, has three TV's and the idea is to select one of those TV's to play its audio across the entire bar. My idea so far is use the SPDIF from the Amino, to a SPDIF switch, to SPDIF amp, to RCA speakers. Not even sure if this can be done or even exists. The only equipment we have is the Aminos, so all else is on the table. Ideas? Thought? Tips? Any input greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not familiar with Aminos. Do they have analog outputs? It will cost a lot less to work with basic 2-channel audio. A quick glance at Amazon shows a 4 source analog switch for $20. From there find an amp that is appropriate (power/sizing) to work with the speakers you want. You could do SPDIF, but its a little over-kill if you aren't configuring the system for surround sound. **** To clarify (after looking more on amazon) - SPDIF = Sony/Phillips Digital InterFace = RCA connector; TOSLINK = optical connector. Make sure you are clear with the interface type.
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    awitt11 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Aminos. Do they have analog outputs? It will cost a lot less to work with basic 2-channel audio. A quick glance at Amazon shows a 4 source analog switch for $20. From there find an amp that is appropriate (power/sizing) to work with the speakers you want. You could do SPDIF, but its a little over-kill if you aren't configuring the system for surround sound. **** To clarify (after looking more on amazon) - SPDIF = Sony/Phillips Digital InterFace = RCA connector; TOSLINK = optical connector. Make sure you are clear with the interface type.

Obviously saving money is nice, but all I need is it to work; that is the utmost requirement. SPDIF is by choice only cause I have no idea how else to pull audio separately. Otherwise it could be old used extension cord and electric tape for all I care.

Here is the Amino (basically picks up streaming but also has some custom firmware);

a140-back.jpg

Amino A140 IPTV set-top box (STB)
  • Options
    awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmm... So the Amino box receives a wired/wireless ethernet signal for streaming A/V. What is the source of the signals, and can that output its own audio signal? Do the TVs have their own audio output (a lot do)?