ISACA and CPE for new CISSP

seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
I'm submitting my endorsement on Monday to (ISC)2 ... But I doubt I'll receive formal certification prior to the upcoming ISACA conference in 3 weeks. Can I attend and still earn the 39 CPE credits towards my first year's requirements? Or will they only count after my certification is finalized?

Comments

• mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Only counts once they contact you and tell you are a CISSP . They will also give you a date of when your 3 year cycle begins.
    AFTER that date, you can CPE like the wind.
    Sorry.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Where is the conference btw?
  • seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Oh well, I'll have more than enough time to collect CPE.

ISACA's in Florida this year, not the one I was thinking of when I asked the question, but still the question was more general anyway. Though, from what I understand, as long as it's an industry conference/convention I can use it for CPE, correct?
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    seigex wrote: »
    Though, from what I understand, as long as it's an industry conference/convention I can use it for CPE, correct?
    Yes - that's correct. I've also checked with ISC2 in the past, and they will also count corporate conferences as long as it's relevant to the various domains.