Cisco/Microsoft certs

fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
i'm not sure which way to go after i achieve my network+. Mike Meyers said in one of his books that if you plan to go the path of the high-end hardware tech, Server+ is the next step. And it's a natural lead in to Cisco certifications. It's either that route or just go on to the Microsoft certs. What is the difference between the two?

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    The difference between Ciso and MS? Microsoft is the track to pursue if you want to be a net admin, and Cisco if your interested in being a network engineer. Cisco is concerned with building the network, and MS with running it once it's built.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fugi1 wrote:
    Mike Meyers said in one of his books that if you plan to go the path of the high-end hardware tech, Server+ is the next step. And it's a natural lead in to Cisco certifications?

I saw that quote in the Net+ passport. I don't understand how Server+ is a natural lead into Cisco. I think the Server+ is more relevant to the work and MCSA/E would do.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete