passed 70-410 today!!!!

Rocket-sGRocket-sG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I passed the 70-410 today with a 793.

It was a very difficult exam. I attempted to pass 3 weeks ago and got a 640.

I wish I had found this site sooner because the discussion of study guides and resources would have saved me alot of time.

Now working on the 70-411 and planning to study 14 days and sit for the exam./

icon_cool.gif

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on passing your exam!
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    congratulations on passing your exam!
    Congrats
  • jediweaponjediweapon Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What resources did you use?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well good for you... Congrats.....

What kind of lab and material did you study with?
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Ugly-051Ugly-051 Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good effort, I got my 70-411 tomorrow :)
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • LekkervaagLekkervaag Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there a lot of R2 special questions ? Or is learning 70-410 all study material enough ?
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congrats
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Rocket-sGRocket-sG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes alot of R2 material, I would not study from a textbook that does not say R2 in the title because so much has changed that it will fill your head with incorrect, outdated information

I read the Microsoft press book first (just to get a birds eye view, very broad) by Craig Zacker

I watched all the CBT nuggets videos. I would read for about an hour and when I couldnt take it anymore I would flop over to the couch and watch CBT nuggets on my TV via Chromecast

I studied 4-8 hours per day on Weekdays and 10 hours on Sat and Sun. (There where some exceptions once in awhile but I stuck mostly to this regimen) I have zero Server experience, learned it all by studying and setting up 3 virtual machines in VMware.

I also read the technet (but not all of it) and ended up flunking the first attempt at the exam (about 21 days in). Second time around I did the practice exams from MeasureUp and read the TechNet and concentrated on my weak areas (As per the print-out from my failed exam). Studied about 14 days more and then passed the exam.

Looking back I think 30 days of studying would have been ideal for this one. Now working on 411 and planning to knock it out in 14 total days (But on second thought will take 18.) I would rather take the extra 4 days to make sure I dont flunk the first attempt.

I am traumatized now from Microsoft and having flunked the 410 the first time around. It really messsed with my head. I had worn a suit and tie to the testing center (That was like "my thing" and a practice I was going to do everytime I sat for a tech exam) but now I dont want anything associated with the failure so the second time I did not wear a suit and tie nor did I wear cologne and I even used no gel in my hair.

I parked in a different side of the parking lot, even made sure to sit at a different computer than I sat on the first time during the test. As I said, I am psychologically traumatized from the first failure.

Recommend you guys to study hard and dont sit for the exam if you are not completely confident. I scored a full 100 points less than I anticipated to score BOTH TIMES. Factor that into your calculations. I know some people go in there thinking they got the "second chance" so no problemo but I warn you so that you can avoid the experience of that "stink of failure" and the miserable drive home from the testing center after flunking the exam.
    Well good right up @Rocket-sG .. good luck on 411

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • DanielJDanielJ Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Congratulation! Don't let the first fail make you gun shy on taking the exams just be better prepared next time and don't underestimate the exam. I always recommend to my students never to have any stimulants like coffee, cigarettes, energy drinks before the exam. Hell if you have a xannax that's the time to use it. Be relaxed, if you don't know a question mark it and go on... leave the toughest for last so the hard ones don't throw you off center. Good luck on the 70-411!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    congrats! WOW 4-8 hours a day??
    bohack wrote: »
    Congratulation! Don't let the first fail make you gun shy on taking the exams just be better prepared next time and don't underestimate the exam. I always recommend to my students never to have any stimulants like coffee, cigarettes, energy drinks before the exam. Hell if you have a xannax that's the time to use it. Be relaxed, if you don't know a question mark it and go on... leave the toughest for last so the hard ones don't throw you off center. Good luck on the 70-411!

Thank you for that good advice. I agree with you that I really was too hard on myself, beating myself up the way I did for failing the first time. Not very constructive

But I do enjoy a small coffee on the drive over to the testing center..... icon_redface.gif
    ed_003 wrote: »
    congrats! WOW 4-8 hours a day??

Yes, I lost my job and go to school from 6pm to 10pm

I was offered a meagre job as a PC repair technician but have decided I am better served to pursue the certifications full time for 2 months and live on Ramen and scraps
    4-8 hours of studying is hard.. I know at here at work i could get at least 30 mins of free time before someone comes and ask for help or something.
    I beat myself up the last 2 times I took the exam. I got pissed on why i didn't do well, not enough labs , exam-pre test. This will be my third time trying but it seems slow in the process since i'm going over the same material over and over. UGH but I try to keep my focus to move forward.

I should be ready by next month. I'm going to try to study at work at least 2 hrs or something rather then the 30mins i have now. Just need to find the right time...

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!!