I passed my 298 exam on Monday - now I'm MCSE

Bmac000Bmac000 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
It was definitely the easier of the MS exams. Alot of stuff covered in previous books for eg SUS, RRAS, L2TP / IPSEC, Auditing, GP's, MSBA, IAS, RDP, and always as usual adopt the principle of choosing the most secure way of doing things . Still can't believe I have my MCSE its been a hard slog, I started doing this in Sept 04 but feels very rewarding once you get it. I was going to post up something yesterday but I was still getting over my hangover.

Not sure whats next will take some time off study for a bit, may look for a new job next year, may consider CCNA but at the moment I'm planning my holiday to Tuscany for a week in Sept, can't wait.

Thanks to all on this site, tips, tricks, comments, websites, what books to read, the sticky notes, areas to study. I honestly don't think i would have got through without it all as i did most of this at home on my own and in the work place, didn't attend any classes. This site for me was the same as attending classes. cheers

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats that is awesome! You took all the same tests I did for the MCSE icon_cool.gif

Good luck on your next venture!
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    WOW congrats! Im jealous icon_sad.gif im still only 1-7 tests.
    I hope you have fun celebrating! I know I would. icon_twisted.gif
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Bmac000Bmac000 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote:
    Congrats that is awesome! You took all the same tests I did for the MCSE icon_cool.gif

Good luck on your next venture!

thanks very much i think for me this was the best route as where i work we have ISA 2000 with every other server product running. The only one i wanted to do which i didn't was exchange but I don't need a cert to know how to use it just grab a book and start reading.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    Cessation wrote:
    WOW congrats! Im jealous icon_sad.gif im still only 1-7 tests.
    I hope you have fun celebrating! I know I would. icon_twisted.gif

thanks, i think i will i have a lot of lost time to make up on.
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Good job! icon_thumright.gif
    witty comment
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Grat's ! icon_cool.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
    _omni_ wrote:
    Good job! icon_thumright.gif

thanks. Looks like your almost there to omni, which exam did you choose 297 or 298?
    297. That's because I hadn't even thought of the 298 as an option; if I had, I'd have gone for that.
    witty comment
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz!!!!!!!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
    _omni_ wrote:
    297. That's because I hadn't even thought of the 298 as an option; if I had, I'd have gone for that.

fair enough well good luck with it, your almost there.
    Thanks. :)
    witty comment
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well done, another MCSE awesome
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If you got it on Monday, and today is Wednesday, does that mean you've been drunken_smilie.gif and sleeping.gif durning that time in between? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

If you got it on Monday, and today is Wednesday, does that mean you've been drunken_smilie.gif and sleeping.gif durning that time in between? icon_lol.gif

yeah basically, the day i got it pretty much came straight home started drinking then continued on all night til about 2am. then on the tuesday same thing again.

The real partying has started yet as my fiance is finishing off her thesis (Masters in HR) and she has to hand this in next Thurs so after that we will party like there is no tomorrow.