Options

CRISC Value in job hunting and salary

dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
Is the CRISC cert worth having? Wasn't a game changer for me the way CISSP was. A simple google search says it's one of the highest paid certs. My 2c is that's because most of us were grandfathered into it and it's our other certs that got us a higher salary. But for those who took the exam and passed was it a game changer? I see posts from those studying on it and often wonder if they're wasting their time. But they're smart guys or gals so maybe I'm in the dark.
2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security

Comments

• Options
    ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also did some research on payscale last week.. I entered in all 4 or 5 certs from ISACA and none of them boosted my salary whatsoever..

When i add in the cert i am pursuing (VCP-NV), it boosted it by $15,000.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can honestly say that in my environment almost everyone knows of the CISSP but very few ever speak of the CISM, CRISC etc.. Which is unfortunate because I would like to pursue them but I just don't know if they off enough ROI for me.
  • Options
    dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    If we use 6 figure's as a benchmark/goal then the CISSP and CISM can get you there. I'm not sure CRISC can though. It's a valuable cert as far as risk management and assessment but not equal financial payout as far as the other 2 go.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's really apples to oranges. Most positions that would benefit from CRISC are already high-level, if not executive-level, positions that already have a fairly big salary behind it. It's not the certs themselves that command the higher salaries.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    QualitQualit Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□